What's new

The Great Race - Warner Archive? (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Last night, I posted a random tweet to Warner Archive that I'd love to see a BD release of Blake Edward's "The Great Race". I never get a response when I do this, but this morning I awoke and found that Warner Archive had actually Favorited my tweet.

It made me wonder if this means this one is in the works?

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Thinking more about this..... Warner Archive released "The Americanization of Emily" this year on it's 50th anniversary. This could bode well for the TGR next year as it will be celebrating it's 50th.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
rsmithjr said:
I would like it as well. However, if they can do this, they can also do its progenitor, Around the World in 80 Days. One of my favorite films.
+1.

Wonder if they are prepping a release of Around the World in 80 Days for a 60th anniversary release in 2016?

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Well. we finally got WIND AND LION. Maybe there is hope for THE GREAT RACE. RYANS DAUGHTER would be nice also..

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I'd hope WB would release The Great Race regularly and not Archive's MOD format. A nice big Ultimate Edition Boxset would be nice.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
darkrock17 said:
I'd hope WB would release The Great Race regularly and not Archive's MOD format. A nice big Ultimate Edition Boxset would be nice.
Whether it's from WAC or WHV, as long as it is in Blu it will be fine with me. It's all the same. The WAC Blu-rays are not MOD, but pressed.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
ahollis said:
Whether it's from WAC or WHV, as long as it is in Blu it will be fine with me. It's all the same. The WAC Blu-rays are not MOD, but pressed.
WAC costs too much though, that and all of my devices have problems with MOD's and pressed for some reason as well. Better yet give TGR to Criterion, they'll give it a great release.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
darkrock17 said:
WAC costs too much though, that and all of my devices have problems with MOD's and pressed for some reason as well. Better yet give TGR to Criterion, they'll give it a great release.
Maybe I'm a little dense but the WAC Blu-rays are pressed as any other Blu-Ray so they should not give a problem. As for as the cost, I agree that they are about 5 dollars more than say the Women was from WHV. But not in the range of Olive or Twilight.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I'd like a pressed store bought disc. I do not understand WB's logc that The Man Who Knew Too Little and The Avengers get a relesese and The Great Race does not.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
I also tweeted and got a favorable response. At least they did not say 'no plans at this time' like they usually do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks