What's new

The great consolidated all-in-one OFFICE SPACE SE thread (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Peter- has anyone ever told you, 'it looks like someone's got a case of the mondays'? Lawrence- no. . .shit no man. i believe you get your ass kicked for saying something like that
I'm no way near a fan of comedies, just don't like'em very much, but this one is a classic.
Peace Out~:D

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Do y'all realize that Office Space belongs in the trilogy of the three great "office" movies? Fight Club and American Beauty all deal with the same situation as Office Space. Each one has a main character who suddenly stops caring about his corporate job, and thus everything that was important to him, and begins wild criminal behaviour to revenge himself.
Yes Office Space came out in 1999. I totally agree about Fight Club and American Beauty. Last summer after graduation when I was between jobs/cities/girlfriends/lives I watched Office Space, American Beauty and especially Fight Club religiously. That was the one point where I really did not give a shit! I had a job as a phone jockey working tech support at a ISP. I did that and partied.

Eric Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
my favorite exchange is:
Bob: So Peter, I heer you've been missing alot of work lately.
Peter: Well.. I wouldn't say I'm missing it.
:D

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
"MOTHERSHITTER!"

"Why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks."

"No-talent ass clown"

"Two chicks at the same time, man."

I don't think this movie did jack at the box office, but man, what a cult following it has now. Can't wait for the DVD.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
"What would you do if you had a million dollars?"
"I'll tell you what I'd do, man...two chicks at the same time, man."
"That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?"
"Yeah, if I had a million dollars, I think I could hook that up. Cause chicks dig guys with money,"
"Not all chicks."
"Yeah, but the kind that would double up on a guy like me do."
:D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Remember, Peter's job was to replace code for banks to fix their upcoming Year 2000 problem. So it definitely took place before 2000, so 1999 makes sense since it was a topical issue.

I live in Atlanta, and I just about busted a gut with the opening scene of Peter trying to get ahead during rush hour traffic, all the while have some old guy in a walker outdistance him.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
"...The ratio of people to cake is too high."

Chris, thanks man, I never could figure out what he mumbled there.

Peter: It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

Michael: That question is bullshit to begin with. If everyone listened to her, there'd be no janitors, because no one would clean shit up if they had a million dollars.

Peter: He's going to ask me to work on Sunday and I'm going to do it, because I'm a pussy, which is why I work at Initech in the first place.

Michael: Hey, I work at Initech and I don't consider myself a pussy.

Samir: Yes, I am also not a pussy.

Lawrence: What about you, what would you do?

Peter: Besides two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Well yeah.

Peter: Nothing.

Lawrence: Nothing, huh?

Peter: I'd relax, sit on my ass all day, I would do nothing.

Lawrence: Well you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Just take a look at my cousin, he's broke, don't do shit.

Peter: Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Michael: I don't get it. You go to work one day a week and I'm the one getting fired.

Peter Gibbons: Actually, I'm getting promoted.

One of my favorite all-time movies

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Charles J P,

I barely understood what he mumbles, either, but thanks to the Subtitles, it all makes perfect sense.

Peter: Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.
Oh, I'd love to say that to my boss! HAR!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
"You've missed a lot of work."

"I can't say that I've missed it."

My favorite exchange of lines. I hope I got the quotes right. I just recently saw this movie for the first time. Painfully, too close to the truth for many of us that have spent years working in an office environment.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
"Minimum security prison is no joke though! They say the secret to surviving is to kick someones ass the first day, or become somebody's bitch. By the way, why do you ask?"

One of my favorite words used by Michael Bolton was "cockgobblers" Just too damn funny.

But my favorite scene would be Orlando Jones' cameo. It is all in his delivery of the lines:

"Hello, my name is Steve. I grew up in a rough neighborhood. I used to be addicted to crack but I am clean now. I now sell magazine subscriptions."

"Wait, you used to be addicted to crack?"

"What kind of losers are we looking up money laundering in the dictionary?"

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
oooohhh. just remembered another great one is

"So you are just going to quit your job?"

"No, I am just not going to go in anymore."

And the quote is:"We see you've been missing a lot of work Peter"

"I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob."

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
"Hey Peter, Whaaaats Happening? Im gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday, mmmkay? Oh yeah, you better come in on Sunday too, greeeeat thanks."

i dont know how many times we use the phrase "im gonna need you to go ahead and ..." here at work!

this movie is classic!!!

heres another quote(s):

"accounts payable Nina speaking, jusssst a moment,"

"accounts payable Nina speaking, jusssst a moment."

(I actually sat next to that woman for over a year!!!!!)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Did anyone else notice the box of "E-109" inside Milton's cubicle? Wasn't E-109 the cure for the nasty virus in the movie "Outbreak" with Dustin Hoffman.
You can see it in a shot looking out from Milton's desk. It's written in black marker on a box in his cubicle.
Maybe I'm crazy..:D
OH, and what computer programmer wouldn't know what PC LOAD LETTER means on an HP Printer/Fax machine?
PC = PAPER CARTRIDGE
PC LOAD LETTER = LOAD LETTER SIZED PAPER INTO THE PAPER CARTRIDGE

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The PC Load letter I never really understood. I got it after a while, but wouldnt it be easier to say "out of paper"

besides...the line is damn funny.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Ahh, office space. I remember cutting out of work one afternoon to go see this in the theater (I was working at Nortel at the time). Just seemed sort of fitting, that's all. Still holding out for the SE though. Can't we just get them to cancel King of the Hill so Mike Judge can work on the SE?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks