Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mike Frezon said:
"Zach & Grace: The Good Children"

"Jackie & Howard: the Newlywed Game"

"My Crazy Dad" (Marissa and Eli on the prowl in Washington DC)

:laugh:

Or how about a special edition of "The Bachelor" featuring Colin Sweeney?
All hilarious suggestions. Thanks, Mike!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the Hamilton Original Broadcast Recording today. Renée Elise Goldsberry (ASA Geneva Pine) is phenomenal as Hamilton's sister-in-law, Angelica Schuyler.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Mixed feelings on this week's episode. I get where they were going, but the rocket-docket status of a malpractice case considering the main story was about delays struck me as odd.

I enjoy that they are managing to say: Alicia can come back in large part because Peter was stomped in the presidential primary, and with that out of the way she is seen as less of a liability by their conservative client.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I liked it. Margulies must be really enjoying the "stretching" that this season is allowing her in terms of taking her character to places she hasn't been over the past six seasons.

I LOVED watching her go after the judge when she was approached/threatened by him in the corridor. I was ticked off that she wasn't able to get the better of him. but if this leads to her (and Luca) heading to Lockhart/Agos and bringing the two worlds back together...that might be a good thing.

Her breakdown in front of Luca was handled well by writers and both actresses. LOVED the "do you have a gun in the apartment?" question. I also am all right with Alicia's two big conversations with Eli in this episode. The first one, in which she needed to know exactly what was said...and the second one where she forgave him. It seemed as if her processing had reached its conclusion by that time. It was a tricky course which they fairly deftly navigated.

Every week just whets my appetite that much more for how the Kings plan to bring things to a close.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I also liked it, because some plot lines that were long simmering finally came to a head. Alicia's been a zombie since Will died, and this was the first episode where she felt like she was maybe coming back to life.

Judge Mata closing ranks with Schakowsky even though he knew he was a habitual violator of civil rights was frustrating but not surprising. If the speedy trial laws in Illinois are anything like the speedy trial laws in New York, Schakowsky didn't necessarily even violate the law. It's appalling what happened to the client, but that reflects deeper systematic problems than one judge.

I too loved Alicia's breakdown in front of Lucca, and Lucca's reaction to it. Strangely, though it was Alicia's moment of catharsis, that scene gave us more insight into Lucca's character than the entire rest of the season has so far.

Eli's reaction in Alicia's hallway to being forgiven, after she closed the door, was just priceless.

The only thing that didn't sit well with me was Cary's offer for her and Lucca to rejoin the firm under greatly diminished terms. I'm not sure I want Alicia to go back to the firm at all, and if she does, it should be as a conquering hero, not as a stray dog with its tail between its legs.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
LOVED the episode, and know for sure this should be Juliana Margulies' Emmy submission episode featuring that incredible breakdown but also the permutations of emotions she navigated breathtakingly throughout the episode. If there's any justice, she should be up for an Emmy again at the end of the season.

I agree about Alicia returning to the firm: only if she comes back on her terms and not as a bone thrown to a scrappy survivor. Loved Lucca and Eli in this episode, too.

The outcome of the trial with Schakowsky made me furious, but I guess I wasn't surprised either.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I gotta figure she goes back as a junior partner (the ability to have the potential liability of the malpractice coverage will be too great to give up). But then she'll be in a position to prove her value and break down that invisible barrier which will separate her and Lucca from the others. Maybe Howard's payoff will come into play?!? :biggrin:

I honestly wasn't sure how Lucca was going to respond to Alicia's breakdown. I was on the edge of my seat wondering how that scene was going to play out. I even considered the possibility that Luca would make a move on the vulnerable Alicia. There were a lot of options available.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was ticked off that she wasn't able to get the better of him. but if this leads to her (and Luca) heading to Lockhart/Agos and bringing the two worlds back together...that might be a good thing.
Alicia lost two cases in one episode. I don't recall that happening before. It definitely seems to be in order to maneuver her into rejoining the firm one way or another.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This was my favorite episode of the past several, as the show works through the arc of consequences of the past six years events and decisions.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
CBS just announced during the Superbowl that this will be the Final Season. Thank goodness.

EDIT: The Superbowl announcement:

... and the press release:

CBS ANNOUNCES THE FINAL NINE EPISODES FOR “THE GOOD WIFE”

8420f327119633270acdd05b5a4bedf7.jpg

Series Finale of Broadcast Television’s Most Acclaimed Drama to Air Sunday, May 8

Click Here to Watch the Special On-Air Promo Broadcast During “Super Bowl 50”

LOS ANGELES, CALIF. – Feb. 7, 2016 – CBS today announced the series finale of THE GOOD WIFE in dramatic fashion with a special promotional spot broadcast during Super Bowl 50 touting the show’s final nine episodes. The series finale of broadcast television’s most acclaimed drama will air Sunday, May 8 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT).

“It’s never easy to say goodbye to one of the crown jewels of your network and studio, much less to a show that is among the best on television,” said Glenn Geller, President, CBS Entertainment and David Stapf, President, CBS Television Studios. “But it also feels very right to end with the seven-year story its creators envisioned, and to celebrate the show’s final run while at the top of its creative game. It has been CBS’s sincere privilege to broadcast and produce THE GOOD WIFE for seven extraordinary seasons. We thank and applaud the outstanding cast, led by the impeccable Julianna Margulies, and the consummate writing and producing team, headed by the brilliant Robert and Michelle King, who brought to life a smart, sophisticated series that has delivered audiences so many memorable characters and unforgettable moments. It is a series that will only grow in prestige as its episodes are watched again or discovered by new viewers for many years to come.”

“THE GOOD WIFE has been the creative experience of a lifetime,” said executive producers and co-creators Robert and Michelle King. “Collaborating with the finest actors, writers, producers, staff and crew on ‘The Education of Alicia Florrick’ has been a dream. We can’t imagine working with a more talented, professional, generous lead than Julianna Margulies or more supportive partners than Leslie Moonves, David Stapf, Glenn Geller and Nina Tassler at CBS and CBS Television Studios. We’re looking forward to using this seventh season to bring Alicia’s story to its natural conclusion. We couldn’t be more excited and grateful.”

“Being a part of THE GOOD WIFE has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my career,” said series star Julianna Margulies. “As an actress and a producer, it has been an absolute honor to be a part of a series that, throughout seven years, never settled on being just good… but always strived to be extraordinary. I have witnessed magic happen when Robert and Michelle King put pen to paper, and it has been a privilege to be in the company of their brilliance. To the most amazing and talented cast and crew, there will always be a special place in my heart for our ‘Good Wife’ family. As we close the book on our beloved show, I am humbled and grateful to know that together, we created and were a part of something truly remarkable.”

Since THE GOOD WIFE debuted Sunday, Sept. 22, 2009, it has been one of the most acclaimed shows on television.It has been named AFI’s Television Show of the year twice, won a Peabody Award, a Television Critics Award for Outstanding Achievement in Drama, a Writers Guild of America Award for Episodic Drama, garnered two Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Drama Series, and three Golden Globe Award nominations for Best Television Series - Drama. Series star Julianna Margulies has won a Golden Globe Award, two Emmy Awards, a Critic’s Choice Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards for her portrayal of Alicia Florrick. Across all categories, the series has won five Emmy Awards and received 39 Emmy Award nominations.

In addition to Margulies, THE GOOD WIFE stars Christine Baranski, Matt Czuchry, Alan Cumming, Chris Noth, Cush Jumbo, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Zach Grenier. Former cast members include Josh Charles, whose character Will Gardner was killed in a pivotal episode on March 23, 2014, and Archie Panjabi.

Makenzie Vega, Graham Phillips, Mary Beth Peil, Stockard Channing, Michael J. Fox, Mamie Gummer, Gary Cole, Christopher McDonald, David Hyde Pierce, Oliver Platt and Jeffrey Tambor are just a few of the notable recurring cast members. Carrie Preston and Martha Plimpton received Emmy Awards and Margo Martindale received a Critics Choice Award for their guest roles in the series.

Currently, THE GOOD WIFE is averaging nearly 11 million viewers, and has exceeded the 10 million-viewer mark in each of its seven seasons.

THE GOOD WIFE is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Scott Free Productions and King Size Productions. Ridley Scott, Robert King, Michelle King, Brooke Kennedy, David W. Zucker, Craig Turk and Leonard Dick are executive producers.

* * *​

Press Contacts:

Phil Gonzales [email protected] 818-655-1580

Lauri Metrose [email protected] 818-655-7223

Photo Contact:

Meagan McLaughlin

[email protected]

212-975-7518

Last edited:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Surprised it ran so long. I recall reading it might get two or three seasons.

Great show, will be sad to see it go.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
I am sorry I came so late to the party - not really watching until this year. I think the show is excellent and look forward to it every week. Oh well, I have 6 (?) past years to catch up on.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Though I will be very sorry to see it go, I do think it's for the best. I hope the Kings think up a smashing way to wrap up the myriad of storylines.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I am sorry I came so late to the party - not really watching until this year. I think the show is excellent and look forward to it every week. Oh well, I have 6 (?) past years to catch up on.

Glenn:

I didn't discover the show until season 5. I purchased up all the DVD season sets and watched it all in sequence. One of the best decisions I've made in a very long time!

Go for it!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Maybe just an internet rumor, but I read a few years ago that Julianna Margulies was offered $27M to stay with ER for a few more seasons, yet turned it down.

As with most actors she's done a few crappy movies, but turned out as one of the classiest women on TV. I hope she comes back in something as well done as "The Good Wife".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks