What's new

The Good Wife - Season 5 (2 Viewers)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Please, the cleaning out of the offices was pathetic and really something that is generally bellow the quality level of this show.LG hiring a mob lawyer has some sort of new rain maker, laughable. The problem with career mob lawyers is they tend to have a very small client base and very limited growth potential if they have been the least bit successful because of the rep they will have gained.What we'll find out is that he really is a member of the mob, a relative of a crime boss or something and his education was paid for by the family.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoyed the episode. This is my favorite show on TV right now. It hits the perfect balance of smart, intense, and lively fun. And they're actively reworking the show to keep it fresh. (Jackie's dementia is jettisoned and she's again smart as a whip.)I'm impressed that five seasons in, it's as exciting as it's ever been.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:
(Jackie's dementia is jettisoned and she's again smart as a whip.)
It wasn't really dementia, though, it was a stroke. Given that, it stands to reason that as time passes the most serious symptoms would fade. And even when she was hallucinating cockroaches everywhere, she still had her wits about her.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Many stroke victims go through a period where they have issues, and they recover.. not all the way, but to some extent. Actually, I found the idea of Jackie fixated on past events t be very in line with that reality.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Jackie is incredibly annoying. A crazy, rich bitch that Eli is trying to control. David Lee used to be my favorite annoying character on this show, but she's taken over, and not as a favorite, just annoying.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
David Lee is delectable. Jackie is currently Eli's foil. I don't quite understand her purpose on the show this season, or Eli's exaggerated reaction to her. I'm ambivalent to their coupling. I liked it better when she was crossing swords with Alicia.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Fun 100th episode. I enjoyed the contrast between Will's imagined chain of events and how things actually played out in court. I was excited that John Noble was coming back, so it was a little bit of a disappointment when his role seemingly encompassed exclusively old footage.Not sure where the thing with Jason O'Mara's character is going, but it's provisionally more interesting that the thing with Kalinda's husband was. I enjoyed how much Kalinda enjoyed sparring with him.EDIT: Couldn't forget to mention that final beat. Eli's spit-take was just priceless.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I do like the idea of Bishop bringing his business to Florrick-Agos, and the trouble that could stir... Had a lot of fun; I was waiting for the cops to nab one of them in the street racing scene

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, very enjoyable 100th episode. I, too, liked the juxtaposition of WIll's imagined interrogation and what actually transpires. Josh Charles really brought out the acting chops for that sequence, too, as he got misty-eyed remembering his and Alicia's passionate affair.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If you're not watch this season of The Good Wife, you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life. Fantastic episode. The mini psycho drama of Wil trying to map out his questioning of Alicia, it devolving to his base anger of feeling betrayed in love was riveting and unexpected tv. Kalinda...second season using sexuality as a weapon Kalinda...is back. I'm excited and scared. This could be great, or drag the show back down."What's his name?""Peter"[spit-take]Hilarious. Perfect, perfect timing and editing.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Sticky wicket kind of case and loved the back and forth of each side getting and losing the upper hand.

I knew those ballot boxes from last season's finale were going to come back and bite them in the ass.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The nice thing about this week's case was that it turned on the facts of the case, rather than the courtroom arguments. Neither Alicia nor Will "won" the case; if anybody did, it was Robyn.What I liked about this return episode was that it really shined a light on two of the biggest complaints about this season since Alicia and Cary left: that Lockhart/Gardner and Florrick/Agos are constantly facing off against each other, and that "LG" is aggressively expanding far beyond what's realistic. In both cases, it comes down to Will. And Diane sees that he's an Icarus flying too close to the sun, but she's going to give him some rope to hang himself with for the time being.Loved Matthew Lillard as the client. Just some great reactions throughout the episode.I really liked how the thing with Marilyn's baby seemed to be one thing and ended up being another. This show delights in the bait and switch, so I figured Peter wouldn't really turn out to be the father. But what I didn't expect was the bait and switch with the surveillance cameras. Like you, Matt, I expected those ballot boxes to come back to haunt Peter at some point, but I wasn't expecting it this episode. Just well done by the show.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I have probably been the biggest critic of the LG expansion story line but at this point I have just decided to ignore the absurdity of it and just focus on the other stories.Love Lillard as the client and really enjoyed that story.Glad The Gov did not turn out to be the father, that would have been unoriginal.The tape of the ballot boxes, didn't LG represent Peter in court when the video came to light? If so and someone from LG sent the tape out LG would be finished.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A fun return after the Christmas break. It was fun seeing TGW do its take on the Glee ripoff of the Coulton (?) cover from last year. I loved the rock duo. They finally gave a voice to me, the viewer! Kalinda continues the return to her badass, deeply guarded self. I'm surprised by the obtuseness of her cop 'friend'. But in her way, Kalinda is just as clueless.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:
A fun return after the Christmas break. It was fun seeing TGW do its take on the Glee ripoff of the Coulton (?) cover from last year. I loved the rock duo. They finally gave a voice to me, the viewer!Kalinda continues the return to her badass, deeply guarded self. I'm surprised by the obtuseness of her cop 'friend'. But in her way, Kalinda is just as clueless.
I'm a little confused by Kalinda. Always thought she and Alicia were friends, but the way they've written Kalinda's character the last few months seems to have her siding much more with Diane and Will.

Then again, I always thought Cary was a weasel, but has done a complete 180. This show always keeps changing things up.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Kalinda is a survivor, she is only your friend if she deems you are useful for her survival. She really is never a true friend.

Now all the Kalinda fans can roast me.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Kalinda and Alicia's relationship fractured when Alicia became partner, I think. But even more so when Kalinda felt slighted by Carey for choosing the other investigator. Which, as Patrick gets at, reinforced that Kalinda is fully self-centered; she's a scared child. She was completely willing to jerk Carey around trying to bid her salary up by playing him off Will. But when Carey quits playing and takes an affordable, available alternative, Kalinda takes it personally and works to harm his new business.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Of course, I love Kalinda for her complexity. She's one of the most interesting characters on TV. And while ruthless, she still elicits my sympathy.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
DaveF said:
Of course, I love Kalinda for her complexity. She's one of the most interesting characters on TV. And while ruthless, she still elicits my sympathy.
And she's so good at her job that it's hard not to respect that aspect of her person.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks