What's new

The Good Wife - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Peter made a gut decision that he didn't want the woman who fired his wife to be his state supreme court nominee. In doing so, he just made his wife an enemy she really didn't need, and ensured continuity of leadership at the top of Lockhart/Gardner.

This promises to be one hell of a ride.
The question is whether they are better off with Diane as a supreme court judge or still with Lockhart/Gardner. Peter just is looking into other nominees - I don't think he hasn't made a final decision yet.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
They weren't kidding when they called the episode "Hitting the Fan."

Has Kalinda made her final decision? Can anyone trust her? It would seem that she has burned a bridge with Cary, but she could try to rebuild it.

A wild ride ahead of all the characters.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I keep thinking if Peter's nudge of Chum Hum through the governors seat will be seen as an improper act and get his ass in a sling

NolanJ

Second Unit
NolanJ said:
I'm thinking maybe the Governor withdraws his appointment of Diane as judge if he finds out she rated out Alicia.
Looks like my theory is correct, unless they pull a switch-a-roo

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
NeilO said:
They weren't kidding when they called the episode "Hitting the Fan." Has Kalinda made her final decision? Can anyone trust her? It would seem that she has burned a bridge with Cary, but she could try to rebuild it. A wild ride ahead of all the characters.
Kalinda is a woman scorned.Carey knows what she did. He always holds out hope...and even if she provides info to him to "repair" things, is she really playing a longer con in working for Wil?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ok, this to me is great.
tumblr_mvd8d4y64D1rhlv47o1_500.gif

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
What a great episode but what made it great is the careful five years of nurturing these great characters which makes all the plot threads so much more meaningful.
This could well live up to be one of the best seasons of the show, but with the way things stand now it feels like they could do with at least one more season after this given how they have seeded so much potential into the show again as a result of this episode.

I could do with a double bill every now and then :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Simon Massey said:
What a great episode but what made it great is the careful five years of nurturing these great characters which makes all the plot threads so much more meaningful.
This could well live up to be one of the best seasons of the show, but with the way things stand now it feels like they could do with at least one more season after this given how they have seeded so much potential into the show again as a result of this episode.

I could do with a double bill every now and then :)
That episode was fantastic. I hope this goes on at least one or two more seasons, there is so much they could do, especially now with two rival firms competing.

There is so much tension, dislike, behind the scenes stuff, I love it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Definitely, the last two episodes have been exhilarating. I really appreciated that Kurt McVeigh was able to step back from the pissing match between Will/Diane and Alicia/Cary to say that this isn't about you, it's about the client.A couple storylines that didn't go the way I expected: I thought it was going to come out that Carey (the other Cary) had made a pass at Grace and would get shitcanned for it. Instead, it was about Alicia seeing a bunch of grown men in close quarters with her teenage daughter and reinforcing that they needed to get the firm out of her apartment ASAP. I also thought that Cary was going to get tricked into blabbing about the Chumhum deal to the apparently pregnant ethics chair. Instead he quickly got his head around the situation, realized he didn't have the background knowledge or political expertise to effectively manage the conversation, and told her to wait for Alicia. After being sidelined for so long at the state's attorney's office, it's so nice to see Cary back in the thick of it again.As much as I'm rooting for Alicia and Cary to succeed, I have to say I loved that final beat with Will buying out the tax firm with the potential office space. It's hard to believe that after the last season finale we were talking about whether Christine Baranski, Josh Charles and Archie Panjabi would stick around with the show for what was sure to be a vastly reduced role. After the last two episodes, it's impossible to imagine the show's new formulation without the Lockhart/Gardner perspective. Much like with "The Office" or "Parks & Recreation", the show's reached the point where it's ready to declare itself unequivocally an ensemble piece. It's not just Alicia's story any more, it's the story of everybody in Alicia's world.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I loved the split between the two firms. One of the best TV episodes ever.

I'm just wondering where Kalinda's feelings lie. Seems like she's playing both sides, but mostly giving info to Will & Diane. I hope this continues for a few more years, they've opened up so many doors and story possibilities, it's wonderful.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
The whole plot of Will making L&G into one of the largest firms in the country is a joke with no grasp of reality.L&G is a small quaint firm that simply does not have the resources to reach those heights. On top of that L&G's past bankruptcy would make it impossibly for it to raise the funds necessary to expand the way Will has been talking about.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Will's escapades with his "good time girl" were a little much, I thought, but I guess it was made so prominent to contrast what he had with Alicia and to emphasize his new burst of personal and professional fire.

I didn't mind Florrick/Agos losing both the client and the office space to Lockhart/Gardner, but you just know the writers are just warming up to this catfight and that victories for Alicia and Cary are to come.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Had we seen Will's new girl before this week's episode?

I wonder how long they can sustain the one-ups-man-ship cat fight between the 2 firms this season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Sun said:
Had we seen Will's new girl before this week's episode?

I wonder how long they can sustain the one-ups-man-ship cat fight between the 2 firms this season.
I think it was said that he only just met her "3 days ago" so I don't think we've seen her before.

It really looks like Peter's decision about Diane's position was the wrong thing to do for Alicia, though it does make the show more interesting.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Patrick_S said:
The whole plot of Will making L&G into one of the largest firms in the country is a joke with no grasp of reality.L&G is a small quaint firm that simply does not have the resources to reach those heights. On top of that L&G's past bankruptcy would make it impossibly for it to raise the funds necessary to expand the way Will has been talking about.
It's fiction, no more realistic than "The Walking Dead". Sure they stretch reality a little bit, but just sit back and enjoy the show. It is easily one of the best series on television right now. Grey's Anatomy and many others are just as unbelievable, but they're still fun to watch.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Stan said:
It's fiction, no more realistic than "The Walking Dead". Sure they stretch reality a little bit, but just sit back and enjoy the show. It is easily one of the best series on television right now. Grey's Anatomy and many others are just as unbelievable, but they're still fun to watch.
I don't think that's what he means. I think what he means is what we're going to see in the show.. Will is feeling bitter and furious. So, his solution, then is to grow like crazy in an attempt to prove that he was always right.

But as Cary pointed out, the problem at L&G was always that it was top heavy, and whether Will wants to admit it or not, losing Chum Hum was a big chunk of business; now some of their biggest clients are up in the air.. I'm still waiting for one particular repeat client who is.. let's just say.. overly fond of Alicia to re-appear this season, because I know it's coming and it will be great.

But L&G isn't in a position to grow into an empire, no matter how much Will wants it to be so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks