What's new

THE GOLDEN GIRLS: Season One - November 23rd, 2004 (1 Viewer)

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
Brilliant Flash display, Malcolm -- an absolute riot! I watched every episode back when they first aired, and I cannot believe how well the shows stands up today in repeats. I've seen most episodes over 20 times, and they seem even funnier now than when they first aired 12-19 years ago!

Now let's hope Designing Women season sets are coming soon.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
The set has been in Amazon's top ten since they began taking preorders. It is pretty amazing that is is ranked higher than the Seinfeld sets. It would be quite something if this outsells Seinfeld. Nov. 23 is going to be a great day since I am also looking forward to Seinfeld.

Phil_L

Second Unit
Not crazy about the cover. Would have preferred a group shot. Also, there is a "20th Anniversary" flag over the pic of the cover but I thought the show started in 85. Small complaints. I am really looking forward to this set, even though I watch it on Lifetime via TiVo about 7 times a day.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

It did, but the set is only being released about 6 weeks short of their 20th anniversary so why not put it on there? I think the cast photo from '85 would have worked better as a cover, but this one is okay.

I like how BVHV is using a large point typeface on the side of their TV releases. Most TV show Boxed Sets I see have teeny tiny little writing (i.e. Buffy, Futurama). So far BVHV's designers have been hitting homers (can't wait to see what they come up with for Gargoyles!).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
November 23...November 23...The roommates are all gonna laugh at me but I don't care. :) No more Lifetime reruns or not being shown on Thursday and Friday nights.

Just as long as these shows are UNCUT we'll be fine.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
So true. No one wants to buy DVDs of the truncated syndication versions aired on Lifetime.

They ARE going to be the uncut versions as originally aired on NBC, correct? They won't pull an ALF on us, will they?

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Wow,

This will be an expensive week for me.

Nintendo DS, Games, Seinfeld DVD set, Golden Girls DVD set, and two other things all released the same day.

Glad I saved ahead.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The good news for fans is that Disney will be releasing "The Golden Girls" at a fast pace. Season 2 of "The Golden Girls", as well as "Boy Meets World" Season 3 and "Home Improvement" Season 2, are on the schedule for next spring.

I've posted preliminary cover art for these three upcoming sets at http://www.ultimatedisney.com .

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Very excited this is coming, but will wait to see reviews before buying. Hope it's not the syndicated edited version...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If these are edited, those responsible should have to listen to St. Olaf stories until their ears bleed! :angry: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks