1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

THE GOLDEN GIRLS: Complete Seventh and Final Season: February 13th, 2007

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Andrew Budgell, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Well-Known Member

Andy Budgell
    THE COMPLETE SEVENTH AND FINAL SEASON: February 13th, 2007 on DVD. The set will be a 3-discer, and will retail for $39.99US and $59.99CANADIAN. The cover art is actually the nicest I've seen in a while from these sets, in a very classy black. Hard to believe we will have the entire series in our hot little hands in the next couple months! Could The Golden Palace be around the corner? As always, credit goes to: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6597

Andy

http://www.DameElizabethTaylor.com

2. JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor Well-Known Member

Yeah that cover art is really quite nice, very elegant. Hopefully the spin-offs come to DVD soon. For some reason I thought that this show went for 8 seasons, but I guess that I was wrong.
    -James

3. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Well-Known Member

yay, another series to finish. It was nice to see the last season going back to the same shape and structure as the first season, kinda like it's come full circle

4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    Can't wait to have "The Monkey Show" on DVD. [​IMG]

I wonder why they felt the need to call it "the seventh and final season"? Why not just "the final season"?

5. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Well-Known Member

Because you'd find people upset that they couldn't find season 7 and 8 in stores, just the last season. Seriously...I get tons of email from people wondering where the 11th season of Friends is, or why they can't find the final season of _______. I guess not everyone knows how long the shows they buy went on for.

Gord

6. RoryR

RoryR Well-Known Member

I think thats why he said call it the final season, not final 7 - or just 7.

7. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Well-Known Member

one would think if someone owns season 10 of Friends on DVD, they would know that it ends there, same thing with when Golden Girls season 7 comes out. Now with shows that don't have ceremonious endings, I'd understand, but shows like Golden Girls or Mash or Friends have grand finales that it'd be shocking someone would watch them and wonder when the next season is coming.

But either way, Golden Girls is one more show I can add to my completed list come Feb so I'm not complaining.

8. MatthewA

MatthewA Well-Known Member

Matthew
    Furthermore, one can check on the internet how long a show ran, or in TV series reference books.

What's important is the presentation of the content.

9. John Carr

John Carr Well-Known Member

Somebody at Buena Vista is on the ball, with the new season coming out on Tuesday, this was the right time to announce the final season. I'll be getting this one for the wifie, as she loves this show. We don't always agree on shows, but it's great to have a hobby we both share!

10. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Well-Known Member

yes, it's great to announce season 7 right before 6 comes out. Even though I think everyone knew that Buena Vista wouldn't just abandon this with six seasons down and one to go, it's always great to have the confirmation when we will be expecting to see the last season.

I personally don't care for seasons 5-7 as much as I did 1-4 (5 had some great episodes as well as some clunkers, but 6 and 7 were definately works of a show that was past it's prime) but I still want my collection completed

11. Elena S

Elena S Well-Known Member

Let's hope this means "Empty Nest" isn't far behind.

12. Jason_V

Jason_V Well-Known Member

Jason
    I have to believe that "Golden Palace" is going to be on tap for a 2007 release too. I mean, there's one season, they can promote the heck out of having Don Cheadle and Cheech Marin in the main cast and it would make the fans happy.

Anyway, great news on Season 7.

13. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Well-Known Member

I agree, I think most fans accept that Golden Palace is a far inferior series, but it's still a continuation

14. David Rain

David Rain Well-Known Member

Dave
    Yes, I'm looking forward to Golden Palace and hopefully many seasons of Empty Nest. I second that emotion.

15. MatthewA

Matthew
    I third it. I mean, if Buena Vista can let Shout! Factory have All-American Girl, then this is the least they can do.

16. MichaelFA

MichaelFA Well-Known Member

I actually thought the 5th and 6th seasons were just as good as the 2nd Season, and definitely better than the 1st. I also liked all the issues they dealt with in Season 5, however, they seemed to go from dramatic topic to dramatic topic week after week, so it kinda gets a little too dramatic after awhile. But yes, I would agree Season 7 is the exact definition of a show past its prime...

But I can't wait to get Season 6 tomorrow, cuz I still think the show was brilliant and great.

And PLEASE, PLEASE release The Golden Palace. It really is like the 8th Season, since I'm pretty sure they considered going on without Bea anyways (and using the hotel idea as well), but they just ended up doing a spin-off instead of an 8th season. I'm trying to remember where I read that at. Anyways, like someone else said, it's just 1 boxset, and it would make the fans happy. And there are 2 episodes with Dorothy as well that I'm sure those that aren't super crazy about GP would still like to have.

I actually sorta liked the more aggressive GP Rose better than the Season 5-7 Rose. It was a nice change, and Betty sure tried her best to fill Bea's shoes, but I'm not sure there's anything more they could have done to make the show last longer than it did. Hey, at least it lasted the full season, and not just 13 episodes or something.

17. MichelleB

MichelleB Well-Known Member

Any chance that there will be a box set for the Complete Series of theGolden Girls??

18. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    Soooo.....any news on "The Golden Palace"? The GG series really isn't complete until this is released.

It's owned by Buena Vista just like GG, so there shouldn't be any rights issues.

19. David Rain

David Rain Well-Known Member

Dave
    That might depend on how the last GG seasons sold. Or perhaps GP will be included in a future complete series set.

20. MatthewA

Matthew
    I am not buying a complete series set unless it corrects problems with past sets and adds some stellar extras.