What's new

The Gods Must Be Crazy (1 Viewer)

Ammon

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any clue if this movie will ever be released on DVD? I havent seen it for the longest time, but man, wasn't it hilarious??

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
In his recent HTF chat, Fox rep Peter Staddon said: "The Gods must be crazy is being looked at but not for a good while yet."
:frowning:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, this movie is hilarious, and I would love it if Fox could release a nice anamorphic widescreen version.

I know it won't happen, but it would be cool if Fox and Columbia could team up and do a double feature with the not nearly as funny sequel.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I too have been waiting (dreaming?) for this disc. 16x9 WS would be marvelous.

Actually...you can do something...go to amazon and do a search. When it comes up with no results it lets you enter a "request" for the DVD title and they send this info to the studios letting them know there's demand. I know that some other titles that had heavy amazon-"request" use have been issed (Roman Holiday and What's Up Doc to name just two). Anyway...it can't hurt and it in no way binds you to buy the eventual DVD from amazon.

Tom Blizzard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Blizzard
Ammon,
I remember many years ago when there were several friends who told me to watch the movie. I was kinda "turned off" by the title. Wow, when I finally watched it, I could not believe it was SO funny.
IMHO it is a classic. Many people do not know that it was the highest grossing foreign movie of its time! Thanks for the thread.
Tom Blizzard :emoji_thumbsup:

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
So now the charming Bushman who starred in the Gods Must Be Crazy films, N!xau, has died (July 5, AP story).
:frowning:

:)
What is the hold-up with releasing these charming films on DVD?
Pete Staddon Fox noted that his company might eventually get to the first film, but does Fox also own the second? The VHS of it is from Columbia Tristar Home Video (probably CBS/Fox). Have its rights reverted to Fox?

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
There seems to be quite a few DVD copies on ebay, all with the same artwork. Was it released in another region, possibly?

Marc.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I can't help but watch when this shows up on TV, but I don't think I would buy it on DVD. As for N!xau, may the little bugger rest in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks