What's new

"The Gods Must be Crazy" available for preorder at Amazon (1 Viewer)

Terry H

Second Unit
Title says it all. Amazon lists release date as 3 Feb. MSRP $29.99, Amazon price $20.97. Details are sparse ...to say the least. They don't even list studio yet. Anyone know who owns this property?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes! I love this flick, and am sure we'll at least get a decent anamorphic transfer.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
It better be in widescreen. I've never gotten the chance to see it in its 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Now all we need is the sequel.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
If it's $29.99MSRP under FOX, I am going to assume it's a double-feature (with the sequel?) or a special edition.

That would rule if it was a double feature disc ^_^ /

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Count me in if 16x9 OAR.

Wooohooo!

dave :D

p.s. go the same notification from amazon today and was tickled pink :D

Terry H

Second Unit
I have good news and bad news. Dvdtalk also has a thread going on this subject. A guy who calls himself "Mao" has posted some information. I should note that in my experience Mao's information is 99% accurate so I believe it.
The good news is that this is indeed a double feature (two movies). The bad news is that Columbia is releasing it. I don't know about you, but I have not been impressed with Columbia lately. I wasn't at all happy to read this information. Guess we'll wait and see. If Fox were releasing I would preorder but now I will have to see a review first.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
I asked about this title during the last HTF chat with Peter Staddon, and from his answer, I got the impression it was still a Fox title.

Someone whispered to me though that the sequal was owned by Columbia.

I have wanted an OAR DVD of this for such a long time. Great movie!

Hopefully Fox is handling this release, as I am confident they would do it right. If Columbia does a good OAR transfer of this, I'll be just as happy, but with their OAR support inconsistant, I'd much rather give my sale to Fox.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Looks like dvdfile.com has the first details of specs.

And making its long-awaited DVD debut is a two-pack of the hit foreign comedies The Gods Must Be Crazy and The Gods Must Be Crazy Part II. Each is presented in newly-remastered anamorphic widescreen and Dolby 2.0 surround, and extras include two new featurettes, the last known interview with star Nixau, a still gallery and bonus trailers. Retail will be $29.95.

The studio distributer is Columbia Tri-Star. Amazon.com has also updated their entry by saying this is a two disc set, which is good news for the transfer quality of the films.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Here are the full specs:
DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:

Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
Widescreen Presentations
Audio: English
"Journey to Nyae Nyae" featurette
"Buster Reynolds Remembers Jamie Uys" featurette
Baraka School Photo Gallery
Weblink to the Kalahari People's Fund
Subtitles: English, Chinese, French, Japanese, Korean, Portugeuse, Spanish, Thai
Bonus Trailers
Scene Selections

The Gods Must Be Crazy
Rated PG
Color
Running Time: 109 Minutes
The Gods Must Be Crazy II
Running Time: 98 Minutes
Rated PG
Color
DVD Catalog # 10649
UPC Code: 0-43396-10649-9
Street Date: 02/03/04
SLP: $29.95

A link to the full press release, including the cover art image can be found at The Digital Review:
http://www.thedigitalreview.com/foru...=&threadid=471

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks