What's new

The Godfather Coppola Restoration Collection - Very Glad It's on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Didn't either the SAGA or EPIC screen in HD on television in the last year or so? I seem to recall that, so the additional footage for at least one of those versions has been transfered in HD.

My first exposre to THE GODFATHER was in it's EPIC form, and I have to say I really, REALLY miss the additional footage that was added back to PART II. I'd love to see that footage released in HD on Blu-ray some day, I think most of it really adds to the film.

Vincent

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I thought all of that footage was included in the set as deleted material.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Kevin EK said:
I thought all of that footage was included in the set as deleted material.
It may have been (or most of it), but it's in a very raw, video-like format. It'd be nice if it was restored and color timed to look like the rest of the movie. I do wish I could eventually see a restored Epic/Saga, but I do understand why it was more important to restore the theatrical cuts of the film first.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Novel for television probably just needs a new scan since it was edited on film. Trilogy on the other hand would be a bit of a challenge.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
So there is a new Hi-Def transfer of the Saga. I didn't realize it was edited on film. I gather it isn't the restoration, however. I don't care. Let's hope Paramount presses the Hi-Def transfer.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing the additional footage added to the Saga wouldn't need much restoration, as it wouldn't have been through as much trauma as the well-used negatives of the first two films. I caught some of the Saga in HD last year and it looked very, very good as I recall.

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks