What's new

International The Glenn Miller Story (Koch Media Blu Ray) (1 Viewer)

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Just picked up the German Digibook of this one, but can not find much information about the transfer, aspect ratio etc.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
tele1962 said:
Just picked up the German Digibook of this one, but can not find much information about the transfer, aspect ratio etc.
The aspect ratio should be 2.00:1, i don't think the release presents it right, see the thread below, i saw it on ITV and they presented it full widescreen and correct a few months back. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/313215-aspect-ratio-documentation/page-254

There might be bits missing as well, can't remember, try that thread above and it might help you.

Also the Koch release may be a zoomed in transfer to 1.85:1, not sure, ask on that thread.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Its full screen and the blu looks great :) . I saw a review of DVD Beaver saying the widescreen presentation is cropped..

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
David Steigman said:
Its full screen and the blu looks great :) . I saw a review of DVD Beaver saying the widescreen presentation is cropped..
Full screen and looks great is an oxymoron for this film. The widescreen presentation IS cropped to 1.85 - it should be 2.1. But the open matte (or zoomed in, if it is) is absolutely as incorrect as the 1.85 - moreso.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Keith Cobby said:
David, reading the reviews on amazon.de the blu-ray has the film in 1.33 and 1.85, could you please confirm if this is right.
1:33 .. It looks fine to me .. thats all I have to say about it .. I dont know what 2:1 even is lol

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
FoxyMulder said:
Thanks ( I think) FYI I am not going to get caught up in pointless aspect ratio debates. . I said what the aspect ratio of the Glenn Miller Story is on the blu ray and simply stated that I was happy with it. If you disagree , no problem for me. Im sure Ill be okay with that :D

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
David Steigman said:
Thanks ( I think) FYI I am not going to get caught up in pointless aspect ratio debates. . I said what the aspect ratio of the Glenn Miller Story is on the blu ray and simply stated that I was happy with it. If you disagree , no problem for me. Im sure Ill be okay with that :D
That's great that your happy................but it's because of this totally apathy towards how film looks is the reason why company's can effectively ruin a film for those that do.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
tele1962 said:
That's great that your happy................but it's because of this totally apathy towards how film looks is the reason why company's can effectively ruin a film for those that do.
I understand your point, but the issue is the companies themselves and is beyond what a few posters stated happiness on this board.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Robert Crawford said:
I understand your point, but the issue is the companies themselves and is beyond what a few posters stated happiness on this board.
This is more of a generalisation on Joe public being totally unaware or even bothered how a film should look. So yes a few voices on a forum are I am afraid a good indicator of the way things roll and until these people can maybe be educated as to how a film should look I am afraid nothing will change.
Remembering this is home theatre forum and we are discussing in most cases getting things to look as they should, apathy as that poster showed generally gets my goat I am afraid. However I own this version and will watch it and enjoy it but mostly with the thought that I am watching an inferior product which might have been so much better with a little investment.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
tele1962 said:
This is more of a generalisation on Joe public being totally unaware or even bothered how a film should look. So yes a few voices on a forum are I am afraid a good indicator of the way things roll and until these people can maybe be educated as to how a film should look I am afraid nothing will change.
Remembering this is home theatre forum and we are discussing in most cases getting things to look as they should, apathy as that poster showed generally gets my goat I am afraid. However I own this version and will watch it and enjoy it but mostly with the thought that I am watching an inferior product which might have been so much better with a little investment.
Yet, you bought this release just like that other poster and so have I. It is, what it is, as we're kind of between a rock and a hard place. At least for some of us, if I was 30 years younger, my resolve to not support such releases would be much stronger, but I'm afraid, that's my rationalization.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
David Steigman said:
And this thread is about the Glenn Miller story not aspect ratio debates or what gets Barry's goat.

I am perfectly educated thank you very much !

Here..go knock yourselves out :rolleyes:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews10/glenn_miller_story_.htm
This thread is about whatever direction it takes which is the same for most of them on this forum. I don't like the rolling eyes as I find it disrespectful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks