What's new

The Giant Behemoth (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm exactly sure where to post this since the movie in question is long gone from the theaters and I'm discussing the movie and not a DVD (if there is one). If the mods want to move this feel free to do so. Just watched this on TCM and it's a real stinker. It's like an Ed Wood movie with 10 times the budget ($10K :) ). Script, direction, and acting are all just plain bad. The actors are better than Ed's movies, but not by a lot. Willis O'brien is credited as ding the creature effects and they are a pale imitation of King Kong for sure. The dinosaur walks very stiffly, there's no fluidity to the moment. Never can you suspend critical belief and accept it as a living creature. I presume he was at the end of his career and had a limited budget. It's sad to see him associated with this movie.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I clicked on that link and discovered the director also did Beast from 20K. The director can do good work, but he didn't this time. I was also shocked to see it was rated 3.5 stars with over 40 ratings. I would have rated this 1.5 (with Ed Wood at 1). I realize that liking a movie can be a personal and subjective thing, but this one is so bad, it's hard to believe its being rated that high. Here's a quote from a review:
If this genre [50's style atomic creature/features] is appealing to you, this film is among the best of its kind. The film transfer is very good for a 46 year old film, and very well worth viewing.
Oh, please, this film is "among the worst of its kind."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks