What's new

The Galaxy S6 Edge is stunning (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
http://smartcam.club/node/3283

"So the "pro" mode isn't as "pro" as I'd like, but still gives you a lot to work with. On the other hand,the "mass audience" for this device probably doesn't care about "details" like much longer shutter times, and the results I am getting from the Galaxy S6 are seriously very convincing."

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I've chickened out. Although the gold S6 edge is indeed a very desirable looking device, complaints about ergonomics, screens with scratches out of the box, and screen rotation issues have led me to the standard model. The gold is striking, but produces glare in the sunlight and is apparently the worst when it comes to showing fingerprints on the back.

I will be ordering a black S6 after all. Boring yes, but less likely to cause buyer's remorse down the line.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The problems mentioned are specific to the edge. The gold is just too shiny. So I'm ordering the flat one in black. Boring, but less chance of buyer's remorse.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
My objections to the lack of a card slot and replaceable battery aside, I thought the nearly thousand dollar price tag of the Edge was too high anyway.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Ordered the 128gb Black Sapphire S6. Should get it this week, hopefully by Wednesday.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Stopped at the verizon store the other day to check out the S6 edge. I had forgot that they had a plus model. The S6 edge+ Gold Platinum, is an awesome looking phone, better than any other phone in the store. I'm still upset about the lack of removable battery and such but, after checking out Samsung pay I think I'd like to give it a try. I mean it's an actual mobile payment system that is safe, with tokenization, that you can actually use everyplace, right now, Pretty ingenious on Samsungs part. Anybody else buy this phone? Also reading back thru some of this, there was talk about a possible S6 Active? Anybody know if there was anything to that or will Samsungs next phone be the S7 next spring?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Friends just upgraded to a pair of the S6, I think. They were quite nice looking with the curved screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks