What's new

The Fugitive: Season 3 Vol.2 (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Can someone advise on music replacement (or lack thereof) for the third season episode Stroke of Genius? I watched this one last night, and some of the music seemed off, but I really don't know if it was that way originally. It didn't sound like Heyes music, but it also sounded in places like something out of the Twilight Zone rather that Rugolo.

Any input appreciated.

Good episode, BTW. Nice performances by Telly Savalas and Beau Bridges, and the always good Barry Morse. The scene where he sees and speaks to Kimble is pretty intense, and Morse plays it so cool.

brian MC

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian McKenna
I watched this episode recently as well and I loved those scenes with Kimble and Gerrard.Its as if Gerrard realises Kimble is innocent but he is sticking to the letter of the law in recapturing him.
Did you spot George Savalas, the brother of Telly, in the prisoner road side chain gang scene?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by brian MC
Did you spot George Savalas, the brother of Telly, in the prisoner road side chain gang scene?

I didn't, but then I saw his name in the credits and had to go look!

BTW, CBS - I'm ready for season 4 now!

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Sam:

The best music review for S3,V2 is Robert Dahl's detailed review on the Amazon site. According to that, Stroke Of Genius has very little changed music, with just one change during Act I.

I have to use his review here as I chose not to buy this set because CBS butchered it so. I tolerated S3,V1 with 11 of 15 episodes pretty watchable but this set was too hacked to support. I just can't watch these screwed up episodes. It's such a shame.

Steve Lecher

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
^ Thanks for the tip, Steve. I'll check it out.

I also wish that the episodes had the music intact, as it should be. But I have to confess that with few exceptions ("Brass Ring"), I have enjoyed the show despite the changes.

Paramount

Insider
Real Name
Paramount
Hi Everyone- Please check back in August for some exciting news regarding The Fugitive: The Fourth & Final Season.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Well, if we will be seeing it released in November (it's usually three months after an announcement) with all assurances on the music, I will be quite happy!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Paramount
Hi Everyone- Please check back in August for some exciting news regarding The Fugitive: The Fourth & Final Season.

Thanks for the info!

Just asking, would there be any chane of re-releasing this series with all of the backscore intact, similar to the S1 sets?

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
That's what I want to know too. It's great if Season Four is released intact, but I think alot of us would like to see the entire series get the "pedestal" treatment, not just Season One and Season Four.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by Walsh61

That's what I want to know too. It's great if Season Four is released intact, but I think alot of us would like to see the entire series get the "pedestal" treatment, not just Season One and Season Four.

It they were ever thinking that going with original music was the way to go, I would think they would have done so for season 3 based on all negative comments about season 2. The fact that they didn't makes me believe they are comfortable with their current approach and will see it through to the end.

I leave open a slight chance that season 4 might be a bit better (more like the replacement season 2 volume 1 set), but for them to open the door and admit that they did it wrong and re-release a complete set (or individual season from 2 on) with all music intact (paying whatever that costs) I think would be a nightmare for them. As much as it would go over as the right thing to do, it would also mean having to recall all the questioned seasons (no money in that) or take a lot of heat from those that already purchased. I just can't see that happening for some time to come.

Still, it will continue to be on many peoples wish list.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

That's welcome news. I'm sure we are all looking forward to the announcement.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Thumbs up for this super sounding information Paramount, looking forward to more Kimble thrills !

brian MC

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian McKenna

Great,at long last,I have been trying to space out my viewing of season 3 vol 2 so I wont have to wait a long time for season 4!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I hope it signals that they've realized the current situation was unacceptable to fans and attempts to rectify it in future releases.

I just hope they don't forget about the My Three Sons fans that are in the same unpleasing situation of butchered audio on past releases. I'd like to start giving them my money if they'd just properly release these programs.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Let's not forget the butchery that was done in S3-5 of "The Odd Couple" were MUCH valuable program content was lost as a result of some idiot cost-cutter at CBS/Paramount deciding that the slightest trace of a song lyric meant losing the scene no matter how incomprehensible the results (the loss of "Cocktails For Two" makes "Strike Up The Band Or Else" a totally unwatchable episode).

phil*

Second Unit
Real Name
Andro
"Exciting news"? For me, this could only mean that the entire series is being released,music intact,on blu-ray!

Trevtpir

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trevor
My prediction: CBS/PARAMOUNT will release season 4 individually BUT my thought is a complete series will happen at some point will all original music cues intact! Remember the individual Twilight Zone volumes with mixed episodes? There were a few musical errors that were corrected for the box sets. On the TZ releases it was mostly first season episodes' title cards with second season and onward theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks