What's new

The Fugitive: Season 3 Vol.2 (1 Viewer)

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The butchered soundtrack of the last two seasons have been a travesty. I just hope that these aren't now "the official versions" that we will have to live with for all time; that if The Fugitive ever gets rebroadcast down the line on some channel in HD, that the reruns will use the original score...

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
The cynic in me wants to remind you that we are living in a 500-channel-plus world, and not a one of them has any interest in running THE FUGITIVE now. Why would anyone think that some channel would in the hypothetical future?

No, it seems like we'll have to endure thing like THE FUNGUS CHANNEL and the PIANO-TUNING CHANNEL before we'll see THE FUGITIVE running again on our TV's, even in lo-def!

I know that the RTN channel ran them a couple of years ago, but it was a low-def, pixilated mess. Then they stopped showing any of the CBS/Paramount product in favor of all Universal all the time.

But I get your point, and hope that the broadcast versions, should they ever see the light of day on an actual broadcast, would feature the original underscore.

Harry

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Nick at Nite and TVLand were successful for years until management decided the older demographic and the many younger viewers that they had turned onto classic television weren't what advertisers wanted to target.

I'd like to think maybe someone will attempt to clone that formula again someday rather then trying to be like the other 499 channels cluttering the airwaves.

I know I've been concerned about what would happen if that were to ever happen and they'd show My Three Sons. I sadly imagine any future season 1 and season 2 episodes being provided to stations are going to be these HD transfers that CBS/Paramount have created and I imagine the same goes for The Fugitive.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
TV Western fans have been really, really lucky to have Encore Westerns. They currently run Cheyenne, Maverick, Gunsmoke, The Virginian, Have Gun-Will Travel, with no commercials. It's too bad none of the other Encore channels offer TV shows at the moment. Would love to see The Fugitive on Encore Drama or Encore Mystery, or better yet, I'd love to see Encore or someone else develop a pay cable channel to running old shows from the 50s-80s unedited and uninterrupted, with The Fugitive as its signature piece.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Anyone think that season 4 will get released as "The Complete Season 4"?

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
At this point, it looks as if S4 is going under the XMAS tree if BOTH volumes are released before year's end. If so, that would really be great!!!!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by jquirk !!!!!!

Oh... wait... You weren't being serious, were you? LOL

Gary "I can pretty much guarantee you they are NOT taking their time in an attempt to get it right" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Really? That would be an absolute shock to me. But to be honest, unless we are talking about them going back over Seasons 2 & 3 as well, this will be a day late and a dollar short as far as I'm concerned. Getting Season 4 correct really isn't as big a deal since it made more use of the Outer Limits and Stoney Burke cues instead of the CBS Library cues. Of course, the studio owns most of the cues they cut out of Seasons 2 and 3 so I guess in their eyes getting Season 4 out and unscathed would be a big deal. I'll reserve my dancing card for other outfits, but keep a spot opened in case what you've heard is true.

Gary "I've always figured S4 would be less mangled regardless" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'll do the if CBS re-releases the complete series set with all music intact. If the rumor pans out that S4 will contain 100% restored music (CBS cues, etc), that's fine but some of us would like to see this series done right from S2 V1 thru S3 V2 as well as S4.

jquirk

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
So Neil, you have insider information then, I take it? It would be nice if they get it right with the last two volumes.

One thing that should be mentioned here, however, is that there seems to be a lot of DVD and Blu-ray releases packed in ice right now, and I'm assuming it is because of the recession. For instance, Fox was releasing James Bond films on Blu-ray with regularity and then suddenly stopped. There were some titles that were supposed to have been released by now but have since been pulled without any indication as to when they will get released.

Warner Brothers, too, has stopped or delayed many of its releases. For instance, they released three volumes of the classic Popeye cartoons, in chronological order, but have yet to issue a release date for a fourth volume, and the third volume has been out for well over a year.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
At this point, I will be reasonably content if "The Judgment" is intact and unchanged, and then everything else would just be icing on the cake. Though I too would like to see a "complete series" set with fully intact music and double dip for that if need be (though I would like to see CBS/Paramount be similarly consceintious about "The Odd Couple").

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Maybe... and this is a HUGE leap of faith here on CBS/P on my part... MAYBE part of the reason for the long delay is they're also working on a complete series release where they've actually fixed everything.

True, the previous season buyers will not be happy, but it's a small hope I have given the delay.

Hey, a man must dream, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks