What's new

The Fugitive: Season 3 Vol.2 (1 Viewer)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I've only watched one episode so far--"The 2130"--but there were minimal Heyes cues in the episode. I found the picture quality a bit soft and far more print scratches than on previous sets. But like I said, that's just one episode I've perused--I remember seeing the odd episode in previous sets that looked a little worse than the others.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I hate to say it but "Not With A Whimper" has the heaviest concetration of Heyes I've ever heard in a long while. It's perfectly normal up towards the end of Act I and then seemingly it becomes a preponderance of Heyes bombast from that point on with the only saving grace being that it's dialed down a little better than in some of the worst S2 examples but because it's the constant pounding, booming Heyes stuff for this suspenseful sequence of Kimble looking for the explosive it soon after awhile overpowers the episode completely.

A composer of genuine talent, which I would never describe Heyes as being, would have enough sense to compose with a lot more restraint than he did for this replacement junk.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Jack,

That's bad news about that one. The Heyes issue is the reason that I won't spend my $$'s for these sets but I took the "North Pole" route and Santa will be spending his funds for these :)

As Gary and others have mentioned many times, the inconsistancy of the Heyes subs in these sets is just weird.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
As an addendum to this episode it sounds like it returns to the original music at long last for a few minutes when Kimble destroys the explosive and then plots his escape from the scene but when he makes his escape past the police to close Act IV more loud booming Heyes. The Epilog's traditional Rugolo opening is a much welcome relief after all this.

Charles Thaxton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Charles Thaxton
So once again a good reason for me to not buy this set. I haven't bought ANY of them. I have been watching select episodes on Youtube..almost the whole series is on there (with original music) I would rather watch the show with music intact in lo-res on my PC than support Paramount's butchery.

buford2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Charles Thaxton

So once again a good reason for me to not buy this set. I haven't bought ANY of them. I have been watching select episodes on Youtube..almost the whole series is on there (with original music) I would rather watch the show with music intact in lo-res on my PC than support Paramount's butchery.
The first season is intact. Im not purchasing any of the other seasons though (all though I might take season 3 volume 1 as a gift :))

buford2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave

I know season one is fine but why bother to collect when the others are screwed up?
Im just trying to get the most un-butchered best quality episodes that I can.

buford2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
And Season 3 volume 1 seems to be the least molested of all the modified seasons so far.

Charles Thaxton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Charles Thaxton
I would rather have heard NO music at the scenes that were changed than Heyes' synths (and I am a synthesist myself). They could've just muted the music tracks at those points. (probably would screw up intros and endings though)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack

I know season one is fine but why bother to collect when the others are screwed up?
That depends on whether or not you have a higher tolerance threshold than others. For me, I can tolerate most of what I've been seeing just because comparatively speaking even the worst of what has happened with "Fugitive" (not counting the initial S2 V1 debacle) doesn't exceed the worst treatment I've seen a title receive on DVD and not even from CBS/Paramount (the butchery on "Odd Couple" and "Happy Days" S2 tops that since program CONTENT is affected in a big way). And it helps that I am not a giant expert on the show who knows instinctively what is supposed to be there. If most of the sound is there, then with pristine video and uncut episode content, I can afford to grit my teeth through the episodes that go too overboard with Heyes.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Jack P

That depends on whether or not you have a higher tolerance threshold than others. For me, I can tolerate most of what I've been seeing just because comparatively speaking even the worst of what has happened with "Fugitive" (not counting the initial S2 V1 debacle) doesn't exceed the worst treatment I've seen a title receive on DVD and not even from CBS/Paramount (the butchery on "Odd Couple" and "Happy Days" S2 tops that since program CONTENT is affected in a big way). And it helps that I am not a giant expert on the show who knows instinctively what is supposed to be there. If most of the sound is there, then with pristine video and uncut episode content, I can afford to grit my teeth through the episodes that go too overboard with Heyes.
Well said. Plus, I've seen the occasional post by folks who say, boy, are they happy to have their alternative sets; however, I have no idea as to how to obtain a (reliable) alternative set.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
The replacement set for S2V1 was somewhat acceptable too. Why are the last 15 episodes of a season more marred than the first?

Steve Lecher

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Well with S2, our speculation was that V2 was done first in terms of transferring and putting the original music back in after they were likely initially transferred 100% Heyes as V1 was, and that after they did V2, they learned better how to spot original music and thus did a better job on V1 and S3 V1. But that theory would not explain why S3 V2 appears to be a step back more in the wrong direction.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
http://www.Amazon.com/DVP-Fugitive-S3,V2/review/R3I1KKCWWF2PZJ

http://www.DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2009/12/fugitive.html

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo

I would rather have heard NO music at the scenes that were changed than Heyes' synths (and I am a synthesist myself). They could've just muted the music tracks at those points. (probably would screw up intros and endings though)
Couldn't agree more, I've stated this before as well in regards to releases for this series and My Three Sons. If we can't have the original underscore backscore and sound cues, just remove them and leave the show otherwise intact. Or at least provide the option for the user to mute the replacements. Would make it more tolerable I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks