What's new

THE FUGITIVE, Season 2, Vol. 1 - Replacement Program Announced (1 Viewer)

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I come back from vacation (and a really crappy travel day) to this news!

But the proof is in the pudding, as they say. Since I don't have S2V1 yet, I'll wait for the Fugitive experts (and you know who you are) to chime in on these replacement discs before I order the set myself.

(I also hope that either DD or DVD Planet will have another Paramount sale in the near future as well. :D)

Jay*W

Second Unit
I wanted thanks to CBS/Paramount for stepping up the plate to address this situation. Kudos to them for standing up and facing the music (pun intended) on this one. Like others, I had been highly critical of the way the music replacement had originally been handled (and the lack of any real forewarning), but this resolution exceeds anything I foresaw.

I was delighted finally to purchase a copy of Season 2, Volume 1 earlier today after hearing this wonderful news.

Major thanks go to Gord, Dave and TVShowsonDVD, along with Variety, HTF members and others, for voicing the extreme displeasure of the fans both as to the replacement itself and the lack of forewarning to prospective purchasers. Thanks also need to be sent out to Film Music Society and the others (including many here) who quickly made it known to the public how much of the score was owned by CBS/Paramount and how absurd it was to have thrown the musical baby out with the bathwater, as it were.

Truly a wonderful day for fans of The Fugitive of all ages (including those of us who were not even born when the program went off the air),

Jay

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Sometime late yesterday afternoon, when I went to Amazon to update my review there, I noticed that the rank for Season Two, Volume One was in the 3,000 range.

Later that evening before retiring for the night, I saw it had climbed to the 2,000 ragne.

Now, this afternoon, it's up to the 1,000 range. Obviously news has spread fast, and people are scrambling to obtain copies so they can take advantage of the replacement offer from CBS/Paramount.

Just for the heck of it, yesterday, upon learning of the replacement program just before I headed out to lunch, I checked in a Best Buy and a FYE store. Neither had any copies of Season Two, Volume One. In fact, Best Buy had no FUGITIVE sets at all. FYE had the two from season one.

Harry

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser

I do hope you are wrong my friend and that the song in "Ballad for a Ghost" has been restored since it was written for that show. But, if it isn't, and as long as the origianl soundtrack has been restored, I won't gripe: I will just be dissapointed.:frowning: Either way, I am overjoyed that CBS/Paramount not only heard our complaints, but addressed them and fixed the best series ever to have been produced. I watched some of the Season 2 Vol. 1 again last night. Not having the original soundtrack just kills the mood of the show! I remember when I was growing up. I grew up alone with no brother and sisters around so I usually played by myself. When I pretended to be "The Fugitive" when I was playing in the yard, it was always the Da Da- Da Da theme I had playing in my mind when I was running from Gerard or chasing the man with one arm.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I sent my Fugitive disc replacement form in today. The last Fugitive episodes I saw were the two-parter "Angels Travel on Lonely Roads." (It seemed like they used every stock music cue in the CBS library on that one, especially in part 1.) I have not watched an episode since the news about the music replacement on S.2 V.1 broke. I think now I'll finally watch another episode
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I haven't even looked at my S2 V1 set since I opened the set and discovered the music replacement (before I saw the thread here at the HTF). After reading the unbelievably good news, I grabbed my set (it sat on a shelf in a seldom-used closet) and sent in the form. The Fugitive was the last vintage show I really wanted to have completely on DVD and I thought the opportunity was lost. Many thanks to CBS/Paramount for their efforts to appease Fuge fans. For Richard Kimble, the running continues!

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser

I got mine out last night to cut off the tabs for the return and put in the second disc. Just couldn't get into it with out the Fugitive music.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The shows feel like The Fugitive again, even if synthesizers ocassionally pop up. But having the show FEEL like The Fugitive is the main thing.

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser

I am assuming that the Mark Heyes music that is still on the set is the music you hear over the radio or in the pub setting or so forth. I can live with that if it is. No big deal to me as long as the Fugitives original theme ie present throughout. I really miss the Gerard theme in these episodes! I can't see Paramount/CBS going to this much of an expense to redo the DVD's and issue replacements if the music change don't mirror the Season one sets since they got no complaints about them. I just hope they continue to issue the epsiodes with the music intact and the episodes uncut as they have been so far.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I was also overjoyed when I read the news yesterday. I had traded in my season 2 set earlier because I could not stand the overly loud new underscore. After this news, I picked up a used copy and have already removed the proof of purchase tabs and will be dropping them in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks you Paramount for listening to your customers and working to correct a terrible miscarriage of justice. Looking forward to continuing my adventures with Dr. Kimble in the future.

Doug

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
David, have you already got the replacement discs? I can't wait to hear your detailed opinion on this do-over.

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser

I beleive he said a friend of his was watching them that had more of an insight than he does on the Fugitive music. But I am like you, I can't wait until we hear his observations! I hope they bring us good news!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I can say with some modesty that there are very few people on this planet that know the music to The Fugitive better than I! I am sure there is somebody, because there always is--but I have yet to meet them (although I would love to meet them)!

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser

Sorry Tim and Dave, I read the post wrong. I thought the message was addressed to Gord. Sorry!:eek:

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser
Does any one have the link to the CBS/Paramont site that list the shows that have been trasfered to HD? I think some of the Fugitive seasons was on that list.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I read your post wrong, as well. I thought you were saying of friend of mine was watching the DVDs and had insight on them...as far as what Gord has going on, you'd have to ask Gord.

I wish people would just call me Carab and I could get my first name removed. It just causes problems like this, as there are too many David's around.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Thanks for the shout out to me, Jeff. I'm never a fan of someone tooting their own horn (which I've seen here already). But I think I can tell you real quickly whether or not the replaced music is too intrusive or not. That shouldn't be too hard. It's subjective anyhow, as each person has a different level of "acceptability". For me, if the entire Rugolo score is intact, and we are only looking at what amounts to less than 30 seconds an episode of rescored music, I can live with it. If that amount rise to something over 2 minutes per episode I might consider it too intrusive. I'm really just going to have to wait it out, and since I'm on the East Coast and this is going all the way out to California, I imagine my wait time will be considerably longer that many others here.

But once they reach me, I'll let everyone know my personal feelings. I'm sure other fans will do the same. Between us all we should be able to give everyone else a pretty good idea about the new cut.

Gary "hope I don't have to wait the full 6 weeks to get my replacement discs" O.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
If I came off as someone tooting my own horn, it was only because I thought JLKISNER was saying I had to get a friend to help me better understand the music. It was an honest misunderstanding, and for my part in it, I apologize.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks