What's new

The Following Season 1 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
ScottH said:
One prime example this week was the girl running off...and the best place she can think of to go is inside of a barn on the property?  That was worse than some of the decisions the characters make in those really low budget horror movies.
The funny thing is that if it was real life, I think it would have been a brilliant move because no one would ever suspect a person of being dumb enough to do that. How stupid would a kidnapper have to be to think "Well, they probably ran to our adjacent barn rather than running like hell away from the area"?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
This time around, what I thought was most ridiculous was the fact that this killer has a personal vendetta against you, and you don't think to have your sister under watch?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Joe_H
This time around, what I thought was most ridiculous was the fact that this killer has a personal vendetta against you, and you don't think to have your sister under watch?
I was completely turned off by the level of monologuing the person who had her abducted had to go into. Just blah

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had made up my mind I was going to give this one up, but my best friend has persuaded me to stick around for a couple more weeks, so I'll still be in the fold come Monday night.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by TravisR
The funny thing is that if it was real life, I think it would have been a brilliant move because no one would ever suspect a person of being dumb enough to do that. How stupid would a kidnapper have to be to think "Well, they probably ran to our adjacent barn rather than running like hell away from the area"?
Ha! True. The other thing was the girl slammed the door shut when she left the house.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've learned the best way to 'watch' the show is to have it on while I'm doing other things. :)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
ScottH said:
This show is really frustrating to watch because of the ridiculous decisions a lot of the characters make in an attempt to advance the plot.  One prime example this week was the girl running off...and the best place she can think of to go is inside of a barn on the property?  That was worse than some of the decisions the characters make in those really low budget horror movies.
Also it's awfully convenient for the kidnapped kid to essentially not exist during most of the drama on the farm.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by TravisR
I was thinking the exact same thing. Run out the door then crouch down next to the steps and wait for them to run past, then sneak around the house.
I'm willing to give it a few more weeks. I can look past stupid character decisions (you have to when you're a horror fan) but if the tv viewing schedule gets too cramped I won't have a problem cutting it loose.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
[sigh] Lots of stupidity coming from all directions this week. At least it wasn't just the FBI making lame decisions.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
This was probably the best episode so far, but... C'mon. First there's the idiot cop, then you have the mom pointlessly giving herself up. This would be the highest profile case in the country, it involves a kidnapped kid, a murdering cult and a serial killer. There's an army of FBI agents working in an office & another at the house. But when they get their biggest lead there's 1 agent & a deputized washout sent to investigate with 2 cops (not even the local sheriff) WTF?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I so wanted to love this show, but this week's episode really jumped the shark for me. When did writer's become so lazy? Apparently, the serial killer in jail has a standing army with unlimited resources that can infiltrate anywhere. Couple that with the teaser for next week where it would seem: the serial killer (I can't even remember his name) is successful at forcing a transfer to another prison wherein he presumably escapes custody...seriously?
Just makes me want to throw something at the TV. I think I am done with this....sadly.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
It seems like the only forward movement the show has is something that is not believable. I do not know how much longer I will stay with it, either. If the good guys would ever make any progress, I guess the show would be over.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This is a show that has to be watched on DVR with liberal use of the fast-forward button, due to the incessant flashbacks that keep stopping the action. I'm going to try and watch the whole first season, but I don't know if I'm likely to come back for more. I dislike these flashback-format shows. If you want to tell a story, start at the beginning. Don't start in the middle, and keep stopping to back up.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
These have to be the dumbest, most inept FBI agents (hell, the entire law enforcement agencies) that I have ever seen on any screen. Their ineptitude makes this show a hard pill to swallow. The only thing I like about the show are the performances of Bacon and Purefoy, and de facto, the only reason I'm still watching.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The FBI is dumb; the SWAT team allowed itself to be rubbed out easily. It's just not the least bit believable, and if the writers are going to allow Joe to have this hoard of followers who can show up instantly when needed, then the "heroes" are fighting a losing game from the get-go. Even more stupid, Claire is furious with Kevin Bacon's character when SHE was the one who eluded the FBI to go off on her own to get her son? Ludicrous. Had they not had to expend resources looking for her in addition to trying to save the kid, they would have been reunited by now. Beyond stupid.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
I'm going to try and watch the whole first season, but I don't know if I'm likely to come back for more.
I keep telling myself that the season has to be basically self-contained (a la 24) because they've already pushed past the realm of believability with what one guy and group can do so it seems impossible to keep them as the villains for multiple years. After Kevin Bacon stops these nuts, the FBI can reinstate him permanently to a desk job (despite little problems like his bad heart and alcoholism) and then next year there can be a new group of maniacs that his expertise will be needed on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks