What's new

The Fly Movies @ amazon.ca (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I know there's a The Fly (Cronenberg) SE coming out "sometime", but AFAIK no scheduled date yet.

In the meantime, amazon.ca has The Fly/Return of the Fly and The Fly/Fly 2 Fox double feature discs for Cdn$11.19 each. These are all anamorphic WS transfers, and aren't bad at all, few extras. amazon lists these as available in the first week of Sept., I guess when the new prices take effect, these are substantiallly more expensive now in stores. So you can own all the 4 Fly movies for ~US$16, not bad for those who are curious about IMO the lesser quality Fly 2 and the rarely seen Return of the Fly. Good late night stuff, especially both versions of The Fly.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the head's up. Unfortunately, their shipping price to the US (> CDN$11 for both discs) pretty much cancels out the decent price on it. Total price with shipping (after a $5 coupon I had) was still ~US$21, about average at US-based e-tailers/B&Ms, which I'd rather order from.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Oh, that's a pain. Well, maybe for anybody in Canada who sees something else they want in Sept. to get the free shipping, and maybe has a coupon... I can recommend The Nightmare Before Christmas SE which is very hard to find, least around here in B&M's, decent flick, decent price, will qualify for the free shipping with the other 2. The B&M's out here are often very slow to implement price reductions...like Fly/Fly 2 typically goes for Cdn$21 now here, IMO not worth it when most would buy it mainly for The Fly and it will probably cost Cdn$22 or less when SE released, going by re-releases of other films like this as SE's lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks