What's new

The Fifth Element :SE 2 DVD Set in DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete- (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
AREA DVD
And in English
AREA DVD
The German 2 DVD SE set of The Fifth Element will sport a new English (from what I can gather) 6.1 DTS-ES Discrete track. Great news. Can someone please point me in the direction of an online retailer where I can order this from Germany.
Spero D.

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, but especially with this film the 4% PAL speedup is horrible. All the music sounds completely off.
I take the code1 DD soundtrack any day over the code2 dts PAL one. brrrr...
cheers
Bernhard

Spero D

Second Unit
Yeah, but especially with this film the 4% PAL speedup is horrible. All the music sounds completely off.
I have currently the R2 PAL UK version. I had the R1 NTSC version to compare to the R2 PAL version, which I presume you have done to come to this conclusion. I could not detect a 4% speed up in the soundtrack or effects, but that's just me.
Spero D.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Gents,
Moving this to Regional DVD forum.
Dan (UK)
------------------
Visit: Link Removed
Latest Review: Die Hard with A Vengeance SE

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
Spero,
I compared the RC1 DVD which I own to the german RC2 I borrowed from a friend. We both found that the pitch on the RC2 was clearly to high and (at least to our ears) sounded really bad.
cheers
Bernhard

Daniel Schenk

Stunt Coordinator
I`m sure that BMG will correct any mistakes with that new release. I mean this is a new edition and they sure have remastered the Sound Tracks. I do look forward and hope i can replace my RC 1 version.

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
If the German R2 release can top the R1 videowise it will be one hell of a demodisc. Maybe they correct the pitch of this new version which is supposably not hard to do at all.
I will be getting it for sure if only for the Bonus material and I don't care about the 4% speedup.

Spero D

Second Unit
Read the extras that are going onto the 2nd disc to find out why. Also a DTS track takes up room on the 1st DVD. Does anyone know yet where I can order it from in Germany?
Spero D.

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
According to Amazon's Germany site this came out on 3 September:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005NP1Z/qid=1000983908/s r=1-10_pi/ref=sr_sp_prod/028-5792160-8625347
Has anybody got it yet? Can anyone please advise if the whole package (ie movie and extras) can be viewed with English sound without German subtitles? Many thanks.
By the way, it looks like the France SE will only have DTS on the French dub: http://www.dvdfr.com/dvd/fiche.php3?id=4220
[Edited last by ChristopherM on September 20, 2001 at 06:15 AM]

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...ahh... fuggetit!...
. . .
[Edited last by Hendrik on September 20, 2001 at 07:25 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks