What's new

The farthest you've travelled to see a band? (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member

Hey Kevin, let me know next time. My wife's family is in Petaluma.....I got you covered:D

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Craig, one guy flew in to New Jersey from Calgary to attend the NEARfest weekend-long prog music festival mainly to see Camel. He gave me ticket so that he could crash at my place- and I didn't even know the guy. Then he went to England to see them again.

I live in New York, so all the great acts come to me. :)

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I know several guys in Rush bootleg trading circles who are going to just about every Rush show this summer, and they are even flying to England for the shows there as well. That's a lot of money, time and travel.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
From New England to Washington DC to see the Dead & Allman Brothers band at RFK stadium.

AricB

Second Unit
2000 miles. Chicago to LA, once to see the White Stipes about 3 years ago(there was a motorcycle race as well), and again this weekend for Coachella festival. Nevermind the other bands, I'm going for the PIXIES!:D

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Flew from Kansas City to Rhode Island, to drive from Rhode Island to NY to see Tori Amos @ Madison Square Garden. Won the front row center tickets two days before the concert, paid $1,000 a piece for the tickets, $500 in airfare, $240 in a rent a car (we couldn't get a plane into NY on such short notice) ..

Flew to see Tori in Palm Beach, FL from Kansas City.

Drove to see Tori from KC to Atlanta, GA.. followed the concert tour and drove from GA to North Carolina to see her there two nights later, drove back to KC in a rent-a-car (with about 10 other nuts)

All of those are pretty equidistant ;)

Not counting all the midwestern shows I drove to (St. Louis, Memphis, Dallas, Ames, IA, Denver, Little Rock, Norman, OK, Minneapolis)

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
those 10/15-16/1988 dead shows in st. pete were probably the farthest i drove; b'ham to st. pete. but i flew out to the west coast from b'ham numerous times for shows.

saw the dead with jerry 21 times, btw. seen phil's band w/jimmy and warren just as much probably. never seen the new dead. will see 'em this summer at redrocks, though.

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
SHOOT SCOTT, YOU HAVE TICKS?!?!?!?!

man unless I pay $100 cant get a darn ticket, can you beleive 5 days at redrocks!!!!!

Ive seen Ratdog, Phil $ friends, The other ones

Never seen the Grateful Dead or the Dead :frowning:

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
Just noticed how far you have to travel to see the red rocks shows :)

"i'll keep you in mind, though"

:)

"Nevermind the other bands, I'm going for the PIXIES!"

darn, forgot they were on tour too!.......

JordanS

Second Unit
I would travel anywhere in the United States (from Ohio) to see Pink Floyd .....

Roger Waters is coming in the USA in 2005 for a tour for his new rock album...I'm too young to see any Floyd/Waters concerts (age 22), so if I get a chance, I will not miss it for the world:emoji_thumbsup:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I often travel for shows. I've done the west coast and England in addition to many other US spots. It helps that my friend works for an airline, so I fly free/very cheaply...

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
While not exactly a cross-country trip, it was a 6 hour drive from Regina, Sask. to Winnipeg to see Paul McCartney at Winnipeg Stadium for the New World Tour (1992?) when Blair Cunningham played drums. It was a coach trip with lodging, and if I remember, I only paid $200 CDN for the package.

You can't even see McCartney now for $200 from a nosebleed section, and if he comes to Canada anymore, it's likely that he'll only come to Toronto.

A helluva show and a great bargain.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

What're you talking about? He had PLENTY of seats for less money than that in 2002. I paid for ONE $250 ticket during the 11 shows I attended, and that was just because a) it was 3rd row center, and b) it was my birthday. Otherwise almost all my tickets were $50 or $90. Dunno how the prices compare in Canada, but the exchange rate's not so bad that $200CA > $50 US.

McCartney's prices ARE high, but c'mon - don't blow them totally out of proportion with claims like this.

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
"... prices ARE high, but c'mon - don't blow them totally out of proportion with claims like this. "

YEAH! THAT'S WHAT TICKET MASTER IS FOR!!!!!!!!

:) I have noticed internet ticket scalping way way up and its becoming a big problem.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Paul is playing Paris in June for the 14-date European summer tour - the average starting price for tickets and 1 night accommodations is £129.00 based on 3rd tier seating. Travel costs extra.

http://www.eurogigz.com/product_info.php?products_id=10

Tix for Paul's appearance at the Glastonbury Festival on June 26th went for £112.00 before booking fee.

I don't think I'm that far off the mark here...

RobertW

Supporting Actor

i was at that show. not really a dead fan, but i knew i'd run into a bunch of my friends from school who would be there, and sure enough i did, as well as a ton of other people i knew. a great time.

drove about 4 1/2 hours to albany, NY to see U2. although i did see 10,000 maniacs when i visited my sister in san diego, but the cross-country trip was't specifically to see them.

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor
It's FARthest, not FURthest, since we're talking distance!

OK, now that you all know that I'm a pain in the ass...

The farthest I've gone specifically for a show was from Denver to Vancouver to see Radiohead on their latest tour. I cheated by flying, rather than driving. :D

It was worth it :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks