What's new

The Family Guy New Season (2005) Thread (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
VERY happy that Family Guy is back! It seems like they picked up right where they left off, which is good. I was worried it was going to be watered-down.

I REALLY WANT to like American Dad. It has some great potential. They best part of the episode was the very beginning showing the reactions of the CIA employees after dropping the alert level. The alien character is pretty entertaining.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Have the overnight ratings on FG come out yet?
It was funny in many parts. I admit though I was a little bit annoyed that the ending seemd to be an almost shot for shot reinactment of "North by Northwest" Just seemed milked for a little too long. Also, a crazy Mel Gibson storyline was already done by "South Park" but as someone else said, the scripts were done long ago so I suppose we'll cut them some slack for that.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
I'm so glad FG is back! Very few programs/sitcoms elicit belly laughs from me these days, but FG always delivers. Last night was a great start! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I hope you don't mean the resolution of NxNW, with it's near shocking and downright hilarious parody of 50s romantic thrillers, essentially "now that this rough bit's over and done with, Mrs. So-and-So, let's go fuck!" (shot of train penetrating tunnel).

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I had to edge FG out, because I had Deadwood in HD, Desperate Housewives in HD [HTPC] and Law and Order in SD [VCR]. But I heard talk of replays on Cartoon Network. Anyone have details [time/date]? Or even if the talk was accurate.

Greg Morse

Stunt Coordinator

From zap2it:
"Family Guy" returned with a fairly healthy 6.3/9 for FOX, although "American Dad," 5.3/8, didn't hold up quite as well.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I thought I saw a joke coming in that scene, but it didn't happen.

If I had a hand in that scene, I'd do it like this...

Stewie was dreaming of the rocking chair because of Peter and Lois's bed squeaks. As Stewie is dreaming of the rocking chair going back and forth, I'd have the squeaking get faster and faster, thus making Stewie rock faster and faster until he fell out of the chair (with his typical "ohhh!" yell). :D

homerX

Auditioning
I loved the part as lois and peter are going away peter starts reading in the car. First he sweves off the road then a few seconds later the book gos back up. Once agin he sweves off the road but hits a tree. Then as lois is yelling at him. The comic book gos up agin. Yet he's looking at the same page every time.

The gepetto was good too.

"Its ok if you lie just once."

Can't wait till next week.

Oh the part were stuiwe is spankinking chris when he could eazly over power him

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Great start to the new season, and it truly does feel like it never left! That Ghepetto(sp) scene had me freaking rolling! :laugh: I couldn't believe they went there! :laugh:

The opening when Peter was rattling off all of the cancelled shows FOX has pretty much ever done was great too!

I'm officially done with Desperate Housewives, now I have an excuse. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
they advertised that during family guy.

it was a live script reading on stage in front of an audience.

ok, my mistake. i thought this was a recording of the live script readings they did.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
No, actually the CD is a collection of new musical material done as if the Griffin family were doing a Vegas stage revue. Haylie Duff, Jason Alexander and Adam West are among the guests. Some tunes are quite amusing, and others fall flat. Still, the concept is quite interesting and worth checking out for fans.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Did Chris alway attend Buddy Cianci Junior High, or is that a new gag? (I love the little details in this show!)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
He's always attended Buddy Cianci Jr High... Meg goes to James Woods High...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks