What's new

'THE EXORCIST III'. Extremely scary and with remarkable depth! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Andres,
around the time of Reagan's exorcism in the first film, their was a serial killer, the Gemini killer, who was being put to death in the electric chair. Meanwhile father Karras lay their dying from his fall down the steps, and Pazuzu was now loose. Pazuzu, furious at Karras for casting him out of Reagan, intercepted the now dead Gemini killer's soul and placed him inside Karras body with the promise that he could keep on killing as long as he took vengeance on all involved with the exorcism. They buried Karras in a cheap coffin and the Gemini killer, now in control of Karras body, rose up and began wandering the streets until he was picked up and placed in the hospital in the film where he stayed for the next fifteen years while the Gemini killer and Pazuzu repaired Karras damaged brain from the fall. When his brain was active once again the Gemini killer, with Pazuzu as his master, could move to other bodies and make the current host kill in the name of Pazuzu.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
John,

Why did Pazuzu and the Gemini killer need to repair father Karras' brain if they could jump from host to host?
Was it because they needed to have a host they could all always come back to?

I'm gonna have to rent this movie again. I can't believe I missed all of that.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Andres,
to answer your question, the reason that the Gemini killer couldn't move for that fifteen years is beause Karras body was way too weak to survive without both Pazuzu and the Gemini killer inside, they were the only things keeping his body alive until his brain could recover sufficiantly. The Gemini killer wanted so badly to go out and kill, his frustration is evident in the film, but logic would suggest that Pazuzu wouldn't allow it until Karras's body was ready. Incidentally, Pazuzu chose Karras because he knew that Karras would be in tortured torment knowing that his body was being used as an instrument for murder, you know, being that he's a priest and all that. That could have been another reason for the wait, I guess to Pazuzu it would have been no fun allowing the Gemini killer to go out and murder if Karras wasn't aware of it, thus not suffering like Pazuzu wanted him too.
Ric,
the dvd is pretty solid. Nice clean and pleasing video and outstanding DD 5.1, especally during the music in the film when something bad happens! :eek: The growl that can be heard throughout the film contains some decent LFE too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks