1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Exorcist - any news on Friedkin/Roizman input/look?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Yorkshire, Jun 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Yorkshire

Yorkshire Well-Known Member

I think most of us are aware of the very public spat between Friedkin and Roizman over the former's treatment of The French Connection on Blu-ray Disc.

With Roizman working with him on the Blu-ray Disc of The Exorcist I know that many are hopeful for a presentation a little more faithful to the original.

The work was done for the release last year, so the disc has been sitting around waiting for a release for some time.

I was wondering if Bill (or anyone else) had received word on what they've done with the look. Have they French Connection-ed it, or stayed true to the original look?

Steve W

2. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Well-Known Member

Joseph DeMartino

Well I, for one, am not. Can you give me a brief recap or link to a thread or article where this is discussed? The French Connection and French Connection II are on my wish list and I'd like to know if I should consider removing one or both.

Thanks,

Joe

3. Brian Borst

Brian Borst Well-Known Member

The French Connection got a new highly controversial color timing by William Friedkin, which Owen Roizman didn't like at all:

http://open.salon.com/blog/hal_m/2009/02/28/roizman_trashes_freidkins_new_french_connection_transfer

Understandable, because it looks completely different, and Roizman wasn't even involved in the making of the new master. Hopefully he was able to talk some sense into Friedkin this time (or tied him up, and did the master himself ).

4. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Well-Known Member

Joseph DeMartino
    Thanks for the explanation, Bryan. A pity, on many levels.

Regards,

Joe