What's new

The Evil Dead three disc set on 12/18/07 (1 Viewer)

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Oh good grief, again? I'm still pleased about the fact that the cheaper release, after the "Book of the Dead" edition... Early copies of that still have all the extras on from the BOTD edition, only the menu items are removed. And I have one.:)

So how many releases of Evil Dead is this now? It's at least five isn't it?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Gets my money if there's a Blu-ray version released. Otherwise, I don't really need another copy.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

There was the Elite version, then the old Anchor Bay version that had four or five different covers, then the Book of the Dead and the cut down version that was missing some extras but really wasn't (as you said) not to mention many different repackagings so I think the grand total is somewhere around 18 000.

I'll pick this up though since I dislike the matting on the Book of the Dead dvd and never got around to picking up a full frame version. Damn you Anchor Bay for suckering me in again. Now where's the Blu-Ray version?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Even more bizarre...why isn't it coming out for Halloween?

Nothin' says "Christmas" like The Evil Dead. :D

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait for this one. If your a fan of the film how can you go wrong with those sweet new special features? Also the dvd artwork is amazing. I love that folded poster look.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
When I saw this thread, I was hoping this multi-disc set would be a boxset that covered the entire series.

I don't have any of the movies and am confused by the myriad versions of each title.

Oh, well...

Haden

Supporting Actor
Glad I passed on all previous releases of the first film. This sounds like the one to finally get.

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve

Clearly you've met my mother-in-law...

I believe they nuked the extras on later versions of the "Not the Book of the Dead" version. I got lucky and got it before that. Was ecstatic to discover that fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks