What's new

The Evidence (1 Viewer)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
What did you all think about this show? I thought it was average for a cop show. I am not a big fan of shows like this but figured I would tune it because the concept seemed new. Maybe I am just slow but the way the show is done I don't see how you can really figure anything out from the "Evidence" that is given.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I didn't watch the show, but the concept seemed kind of cool.

They should, at the end of the show, give you the evidence for the next episode, so you have a week to try and figure it out. It would also be a good way to hook the viewers into watching again the next week.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't real impressed wiht the 1st episode. It's like the producers know the show can stand on its own so they create this backstory for the detective whose wife was slain and they haven't found the murderer yet.

I guess this worked on Monk, so I guess it will work on this show. Both shows are in San Francisco, as well. Do you think they will try a cross-over episode. ;)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Ya I don't really understand the concept... at first I thought it was going to be interesting, but since it's impossible to figure anything out based on the evidence alone what's the point? All gimmicks aside, it was a pretty average cop show, but I'll give it a few more eps to see if it goes anywhere.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i have it on dvr havent watched yet.
some of the promos said it is nothing like anything that has been on tv before.
promo reminded me of the ellery queen mysteries from the 70's.

i think in that, near the end, he would ask you if you picked up all the clues to reveal the killer.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They sidelined "Invasion" for this? Ugh. Even though I slagged "Heist" for bad writing and acting, it's got a little more entertainment value in its badness. "The Evidence" is so far a pretty bland show, and the evidence presented doesn't provide much in terms of clues to solve the case, so it's just a hook for the start of each episode, but it's not all that interesting to this viewer.

Mike Levine

Agent
Real Name
Mike Levine
Does anyone know the name of the song and artist that was played at the end of the pilot episode of The Evidence?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The San Francisco Chronicle TV critic slammed this show. So I watched it anyway. His review for the show was the premise was on the weak side, of showing the evidence before the show starts, and his thing was that this could have been more compelling 5 years ago.

It seems this show is like most TV, they get you in by the personality of the actors and characters more then the content. The critic also said there wasn't anything new about the characters either, they are playing the same kinds of characters we've seen before. It was not enough to get me to come back.

Though I was curious to see what Martin Landau would do with it. He's wasted so far. And I kept wonder what happened to his voice. I noticed last year his voice was very different. Must be either his age and a natural change, or something else. Good to see him still plugging away though.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't too impressed.

They cheated with at least one piece of evidence, the finger. At the beg. of the show they show the finger with the ruler and whatnot getting it's picture taken as if they had found it on the street and didn't know who it belonged to and took it to the crime lab for some 8x10s. Yeah right.

The severed finger also looked very light in skin tone, not sure if that was an intentional diversion or not because I was too busy trying to figure what ancillary character was going to lose a digit.

Glad to get this off my chest... I've been carrying this around for almost a week now.

I give this show... 1 middle finger. ;)

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

I quite agree with you. This was a very below average show and I found it lacking as other posters have in the "evidence" that is shown at the start. It's certainly not something I will be watching, too many DVD box sets to choose from. :)

Just wishing this show tanks REAL fast so we can get back to Invasion, which actually has promise.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
It doesn't seem like it will matter much but ABC will air the last three episodes starting tonight through the next three weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks