What's new

Directors The Ever-Changing Pointless Just For Fun Tournament (1 Viewer)

A

Anthony_Gomez

1. LOTR
2. Dogma
3. Moulin Rouge I guess it is a drama ;)
4. Dead Presidents (not overrated...just plain CRAPPY!)

Edit: Doh...maybe I am too late :D

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I'm sorry Anthony. If I'd only taken an extra couple of minutes. Or if I had caught your post before I had spent something like 45 minutes sorting through everything. Should I decide to do a wild card round or something, you'll be the first in.

ROUND 1, BRACKET 1

Voting Criteria

Here's the set-up. You are on your fourth date with someone you like very much. You have just finished an elaborate dinner (which you spent hours preparing), and are now retiring to watch a movie and sip wine. This is the first time this person has been over to your house, and the mood is just right. Which of the following two movies do you pop in to further this wonderful evening?

********NOTE********
It is not necessary to have seen both films to vote this round. If you haven't seen them, which would you pick on reputation?

Young Frankenstein

or

Raging Bull

Once again, this is all random. I have not placed these movies in these brackets purposefully.

Any explanations or stories or whatever are quite welcome.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Abstain

I never made it to a fourth date yet :frowning:

Wait! Me and Steve Gon are on the same Bowling team, and that's practically dating. So I'll go with Young Frankenstein

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Young Frankenstein

Not just because I nominated it. Raging Bull would be a terrible date movie, with its painfully dysfunctional relationship.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I thought it over and changed my mind. . .

After busting my ass in the kitchen, I suppose lighter fare would be welcome. Plus, "Young F" is shorter, if things are going that well. ;)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree that Raging Bull would not be a good date movie (leaving out the possibility that your date is a Scorsese or boxing fan). YF is more fun, and there'd be lots of opportunities to put in sly innuendo in a humorous way that hopefully wouldn't get you slapped ("You should see my Schwanschtuker. :)) Besides seeing if she laughed would be a good compatibility test.

Young Frankenstein

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Hopefully, I'm on my fourth date with my wife otherwise you can disregard my vote because that means I am DEAD! Anyway, let's say, for sake of argument, that I am still alive. I would pop in Young Frankenstein as it would be a good light-hearted laughing movie. If I was to pop in Raging Bull, I'd probably never see the woman again if she thinks all men are like Lamata.

Rand

Supporting Actor
Young Frankenstein

It wouldn't have been my first choice (even though it is my favorite comedy) but it sure beats the hell out of Raging Bull as a date movie.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Raging Bull While it could easily torpedo any scoring opportunity on the mythical date, it would at least demonstrate my impeccable taste. I would not, in good conscience, inflict Young Frankenstein on anyone, nor do I wish to ever see it again.

Of course with my wife it wouldn't matter, she'd be asleep inside 30 minutes no matter which movie I picked.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Raging Bull easily. . .
One of my best dates ever....Fight Club was screened, that ended up being a wild night.
Don't be so sure that all women/men would find Brook's that funny. I know I wouldn't be that fun of a date passed out from boredom. zzzzzzzzzzz

Scott, such restraint :)

A

Anthony_Gomez

ok...never seen either. so...since I have to vote....I'll go with the audience Regis.

Young Franenstein.

Final Answer

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
What is this "date" thing that you speak of? :confused:

Young Frankenstein, followed by a roll in the hay and her singing "Sweet mystery of life at last I've found yooooooooou!" :D

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks