1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The End of Raymond

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by KevinWEL, Feb 15, 2005.

1. KevinWEL

KevinWEL Well-Known Member

So maybe it's not a hit with everyone but I could never get enough of Everybody Loves Raymond. I am sort of glad the show is going the way of Seinfeld (another show I love) and closing it's doors before they were actually asked to leave.

What do I love about the show...
    Let me first say I'm a married 40-something middle class father of three. When I watch ELR I see so much of myself and my wife. Yea we argue and I am not afraid to say I can be wimpy like Ray... so what. You think everyone is as macho as they say they are to the rest of the boys, when they're at home. The show is just filled with so much real life. Almost every episode I can say: I've done that, I heard that, That's us.
    Maybe you're 20-something, single, no kids. That's cool; maybe you'll get ELR 10 years from now when they re-release it on the 10th anniv. HD version.
    :)

THe fan favorites by vote will be aired in the next month before the final episode. Weeeeeeeeee!

2. Mike Slade

Mike Slade Well-Known Member

I'm 27 and single and I love Everybody Loves Raymond. One of the funniest shows on TV to me.

3. KevinWEL

Cool, looks like it's just you and me... [​IMG]

4. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Well-Known Member

Count me in too, good to see the show going out on top of its game. It looks like no new episodes until May though...

5. Rob P S

Rob P S Well-Known Member

rob
  6. John Milton

John Milton Well-Known Member

Raymond and Lost are the only two shows on TV that I never miss. I can't wait to own all of the Raymond seasons on DVD. My whole family loves this show.

7. Bren_Chris

Bren_Chris Well-Known Member

I don't want to take away anyone's enjoyment of the show, but it seems like the same episode every time to me. And the characters are all one-track robots: same stuff, different episode. If you knew people that squabbled like that in real life, over such trivial nonsense every day, you'd be urging them to get divorced! But I suppose sitcoms are the wrong place to look for reality.

8. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Well-Known Member

My wife and I have enjoyed ELR for the past six years. Missed the first couple of years, but have really enjoyed the show. There has been no drop off this season IMHO. Monday night was hilarious.

Oprah had the entire cast on last week. Very interesting. Dolores Roberts has been in show biz along time and she said ELR is the best gig she's ever had.

Peace,

DM

9. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Well-Known Member

Heck, the squabbling is what is funny about the show. For absolute outright laughter you can't beat Peter Boyle and Doris Roberts. ELR, "Two and a Half Men", and sometimes "King of Queens" are the only sitcoms that make me laugh outloud. I usually watch the entire Monday night CBS lineup beginning with "Still Standing" and ending with "CIS:Miami." The weakest link in the lineup has to be the Jason Alexander show "Listen Up." It has its moments though. "Still Standing" is getting better although not of the same calibre as ELR. BTW - the CBS Monday night lineup has got the absolute best HD broadcasting on Cox Cable here in San Diego. That is, when the local affiliate, KFMB channel 8 doesn't screw things up.

10. Ray H

Ray H Well-Known Member

Ray
    Despite sharing a first name with the title character, I've gotta admit, I've only seen two episodes of the show. It just didn't appeal to me though I'm willing to give it another show with reruns if I'm ever bored.

11. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I'm not a regular watcher, but I enjoy it when I get the chance. Plus, you can't go wrong with Patricia Heaton [​IMG]

12. Michael_Victor

Michael_Victor Well-Known Member

I know I am going against the grain; I don't find this guy funny. Even worse, the guy that also shows up on the show gives me the feeling there is going to be a Herman Munster laugh. very dry and no appeal. I personally am glad to see it go.

13. KevinWEL

You are SO right she really makes that show. Her strength and really plays off Ray's weakness as a couple. She's just HOT! [​IMG]

14. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee

I usually see the episodes in syndication and the new eps every so often, so it's funny to see how she's kind of glammed up over the years. No complaints either way...

15. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Well-Known Member

I didn't really get in to this show until the DVDs came out as Monday's not really a good day TV wise for me with football and or the WWE taking up most of my nights.

Having said that I love this show and can't wait to see what they do in the finale. Frank and Marie are by far my favorite characters.

16. KevinWEL

I have season 1 on DVD and it's great to get all the behind the scenes stuff. One thing I did not know was that the woman that plays Amy, Roberts wife, is the real-life wife of the shows co-creator.

17. Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu Well-Known Member

18. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Raymond ended for me when 24 moved to Monday nights.

19. EricW

EricW Well-Known Member

i really got to love ELR when it came on syndication, but by then the new shows had kind of passsed their prime. it got even worse when the Chris Elliot character came on - i couldn't STAND him. and i'm a Chris Elliot fan too, i used to love his show and whenever he came on Letterman. i just hated the character.

20. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Well-Known Member

I'm so glad its finally going....
    There has never been a more overated TV show.