What's new

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
This is the most anticipated video game of my life. There's very little chance that Skyrim won't be the GOTF. Bethesda can do no wrong, at this point. A couple hundred recent journalist hands-ons seem to back this notion up.
My first projected character-build, as it currently stands:
Male Imperial
Imperial Legion
The Companions (Fighter's Guild)
Blades (if joinable)
One-Handed/Two-Handed
Heavy Armor/Blocking
Smithing
Restoration/Enchantment/Alteration
Security
Speechcraft/Mercantile
Possible Dual-Wield
Was planning on joining the Legion anyhow as an Imperial swordsman-type character, but to have Saul Tigh AND Susan Ivanova both barking orders at me/biting my head off for the most minor rule-flaunting?
Sign me the fuck UP.
On another related note, just found out that the
East Empire Company
is in the game, and is very likely
a joinable faction.
Bloodmoon brings back so many amazing memories. Can't wait to rape and pillage the Nordic economy as a corrupt, self-serving Imperial bureaucrat in retribution for their little "insurrection" against their rightful Emperor... :D

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I'm totally excited for this but concerned about the number of games I have backed up now. :) Some how I need to split time between this and MW3.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Ah, fuck MW3 -- it'll still be there when you get back from Tamriel. :D
I love me some Zelda, and normally would be considering Skyward Sword my first- or second-most anticipated game of the entire year...but there's a brand-new Elder Scrolls launching almost directly opposite it. And EVERYTHING gets dropped for a new Elder Scrolls game, even Zelda.
What a year it's been, when we can consider a new major-console Zelda game to be only a mere appetizer, rather than the main course.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by dmiller68 /t/306737/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/60#post_3865899
I'm totally excited for this but concerned about the number of games I have backed up now. :) Some how I need to split time between this and MW3.
MW3 will probably only have about 15 hours of storyline, so you should be done with it pretty quick :P

I picked up an Assassins Creed 3 pack on the cheap, but probably wont get to it any time soon. I should be busy with Skyrim until Grand Theft Auto 5 comes out. I have to agree with Josh, it's ridiculous how many quality titles are coming out. It's a new golden age!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by dmiller68 /t/306737/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/60#post_3866390
Except for the hundreds of hours of MP time I'll spend. :) If I look at the hours I have put in on other games I may need to find a way to become a profesional game player. :)

This is why I'm glad I never got into multiplayer in a big way!

Just bugging you. And with DC Online going free to play on the PS3 this week, that might change too ha ha. Speaking of PS3, Quar or whatever it on there had a nice Skyrim preview. Nothing really new was laid out, but it certainly kept me at froth levels for next Friday! I might midnight launch pick up this baby if the Gamestop I pre-ordered from is doing it. I'm going to be close by at a show anyways. Stand up comedy, pub beers and Skyrim, it will be a perfect evening!

One thing that preview has me wondering about is the food. they make mention again that you can kill a dear and cook the meat. Well our characters get hungry? Will he lose endurance if we don't eat? Is my dude Cannibal F**kface going to get hunger pains?

It would be cool if they did!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
You can get your chance, the guys at GiantBomb are doing 12 hours of play through starting at 9AM pacific on thursday.
And I'm going to be pissed if my copy doesn't show up Thursday or before too, from Amazon. The official ship date is a federal holiday, what jackbrain thought that would be a good idea?

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
Mine shows Friday delivery as well. I most likely won't get to it until late Friday or Saturday. Harry Potter comes out so I'll be spending the night watching it in 3D. ;)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The gamestop that I pre-ordered it from is the only one in town NOT doing a midnight launch! And I'm going to be in the mall at a stand up show Thursday! FUCK!

Then again, probably best I don't fire it up in the wee hours of the morning after a bunch of pints to create my character

I burned through Oblivion's Shivering Isles the past couple days, so I'm officially ready for Skyrim!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Russell G said:
The gamestop that I pre-ordered it from is the only one in town NOT doing a midnight launch! And I'm going to be in the mall at a stand up show Thursday! FUCK!
Then again, probably best I don't fire it up in the wee hours of the morning after a bunch of pints to create my character
Oh, God...the horror-stories I can tell you all about "drunken character-creation"...
ce127bc3_ohgodohgodshepard.jpeg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
HA ha, I think nearly everyone is guilty of horrible character creations! I don't think I've ever made a "normal" looking cool guy. My favourite right now is the singer guy in Rock Band 3 with cats tattooed on his ass.

I find it the most stressful part of these RPG, picking the race. Ugh, I want ALL the perks, I don't want to have to pick and chose! I don't want to have screwed up from the very beginning! I already know I'll play as a dude. I alternate sexes with my games and the last elder scrolls I played a female. So yeah, gay dude for Skyrim!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Think we are treading into the TMI borderlands =p
On silent protagonists ie most MMOs I almost always make my characters male, because I feel I can voice them in my head better.
For those that speak, I prefer female toons. TOR is going to make me think hard about this.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Russell G said:
HA ha, I think nearly everyone is guilty of horrible character creations! I don't think I've ever made a "normal" looking cool guy. My favourite right now is the singer guy in Rock Band 3 with cats tattooed on his ass.
I find it the most stressful part of these RPG, picking the race. Ugh, I want ALL the perks, I don't want to have to pick and chose! I don't want to have screwed up from the very beginning! I already know I'll play as a dude. I alternate sexes with my games and the last elder scrolls I played a female. So yeah, gay dude for Skyrim!
That Deformo Mutant-Shepard was the end result of a particularly fucked-up bender-night.
I spend more time working on a character at the creation-screen than any normal, sane person should. Like, spending 40 minutes obsessively tweaking the hair-color and facial structures of my Oblivion characters, and then sobbing to myself.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Sweet-ass new trailer just went up:

Ivanova and Tigh want me to solve the Empire's problems, and put my sword through some Nord faces? All they have to do is point.
Also, was that Von Sydow, there, at the very end? Looks like his Blade-character's pulling a total "Caius Cosades"...about the only thing left to do is to remove his shirt and grab a Skooma-pipe.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I must be a closet sociopath since I was constantly thinking "Ohhh! I wonder if I can slash him to bits? And that group there, and lizard face over there...."

Can't wait, and still mad the one game stop closest to me isn't midnight launching! I'm never pre-ordering a store pick up again!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^ looks spectacular. Hoping to put this series above Gothic series finally. Maybe maybe.. if it's not all looks.
I have to put forth a lot of damn effort to NOT play RPGs like I'd be in real life. Although, it would be amazing to be able to track down somebody's family and apologize for offing their father/brother/son. "It was unavoidable, he attacked me first...here's where his grave is...I'm so sorry.. he was carrying this sword, etc... " hahaaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks