What's new

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
well, finished the Thieves Guild quests and the main questline, I guess I'm going to pick a side soon (Stormcloaks or Imperials)...
The last quest w/ Alduin was a piece of cake, I don't think I even suffered a single point of damage... just a little whacking and dragonrend and bye bye alduin.
Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
more bugs......
I finished the Legions quest for Windhelm to defeat Ulfric and now I have Hadvar following me around Whiterun, much like Farkas!!!!
Another funny bug during the Legions quest is when I was told to rescue some Imperial soldiers in Fort Kosar. Well I already explored the fort and unlocked all the prison doors so that they were left open when I left.
I now go back there to free these prisoners and I get into the prison and the doors are open and the prisoners are just standing there!!!! I go down there and find out I have to :"unlock" the doors anyway and then the guys run out...
You think the software developers would properly initialize each quest when it is given, the graphics on it actually instantiated the unlock door thing but the graphics showed the doors open but in the locked/closed state.
TONS of framerate problems, especially during some of those huge Fort battles... I think Bethesda really dropped the ball with this on the PS3, I can't believe they didn't have the same level of game testing on it. And the PS3 patch hasn't even come out yet I would think that most folks whove had this game since nov are probably well past the main quest by now.
Jay

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
More on the content creation kit:
http://t.co/d4XNh8BO
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD5AA9F15CAA68B07&feature=plcp
Word is that someone (Valve?) has created an Aperture Laboratories Portal mod already!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Mod-shmod, still waiting on the patch so I can clean up broken quests. Still have the third act of the main quest to go and the civil war, then I'm done!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Keynote was cool but not groundbreaking.
Saying the same about the 3GB texture pack:
http://www.pcgames.de/The-Elder-Scrolls-5-Skyrim-PC-128680/News-eng/Skyrim-How-much-difference-does-the-HD-texture-pack-make-867377/

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sizzle!
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/08/internal-bethesda-skyrim-game-jam-sizzle-reel-features-dragon/
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/720642/skyrim-sizzle-reel-from-dice-shows-off-future-dlc-possibilities/

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Finally got a chance to get 1.4 last night for the PS3.. now I can finally give Pantea her flute back! yay..
I'm probably SOL on Forbidden Legends though... as Mikhael is already dead and gone.. (but the arrow is still there)..
Does look to help with the framerate issue and the save sizes are a bit smaller..
Jay

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
Well I finished this game for the most part. I didn't get the Dedra artifacts achievement but that is the only one. I'm going to play MW3 until the first DLC comes out for it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I should finish-finish the game tonight hopefully. I got the Platinum/100% achievement trophy on Saturday. I've been cleaning up some quests and have found all the dragon claws/priest masks. All that's left is finishing the 24 Odd Jewels thing (found the jewels, just have to turn them in) and buy the last house and I'll consider it done until the DLC.

Only I don't know what to do now! It was so simple! I played Skyrim! Now what am I supposed to do?

I'm going to go through all those free PSN+ games I've been downloading.

So any bets on what the DLC is going to be? They've hinted that the DLc will be more like expansion pack and will "have some meat to them." It's already known that other lands are mapped in the game, so I'm hoping we'll get to visit Orcinium or whatever it's called, the land of the Orcs. One of the load screens mentions it's a land bordering southern Skyrim and none of the games have taken place there. Would be cool

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Russell G /t/306737/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/240#post_3899674

Only I don't know what to do now! It was so simple! I played Skyrim! Now what am I supposed to do?
I suggest Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It's superior to Skyrim in virtually every way possible.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably pass though. Skyrim has my adventuring covered. I might dive into the Assassins Creed games I have kicking around.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I suggest Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It's superior to Skyrim in virtually every way possible.
Took a brief look at the game on metacritic and it sounds interesting. The ability to remap skills is a plus, and the combat mechanics have gotten good reviews; but I'm not sure about the stylized art style of the game. I think I need to look at more screen shots. (Thanks for the heads up about the title in any case.)
- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks