What's new

The Dukes Of Hazzard (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
My set ships on Monday, which means the way mail is handled here in Greece, itll be a good 10 days at least till it arrives.If anyone has time on their hands ill ask a favor.Could someone post a picture of how the set looks inside and outside when opened up?Im really anxious to get my set ! Yehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
:b

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I would if I could, but I don't have the means. Sorry. :frowning:

(Of course, this is the point where you say, "Then why did you reply?") I don't know. I was going to talk some Dukes anyway! :D

I can describe the inside. Have you seen any other WB sets like Kung Fu, or maybe the Universal sets like Quantum Leap or the A-Team? It's the same idea. There's a cardboard outer sleeve, and the inside has a folding cardboard contraption. I suppose it's a digipak, but I'm not sure. Anyway, they fold on both sides and meet in the middle, and when you have it all unfolded, there's a large image of Luke under disc 1, Daisy under disc 2, and Bo under disc 3. It's all one image, spread out like that. The folding wings have promo art and a description of what's on each disc.

Pictures will be better for you, but that's the best I can do. Oh, and see the Wonder Woman art posted in the Wonder Woman thread. It's the same layout.

Now, what I was here to talk about. . . . I'll be watching the final episode on the set tonight, and I'm deeply saddened. It's funny, but I went from not being sure it was wise to buy the set, to loving it. I wish they'd announce season 2 so I'd know when I'll be getting back in on Roscoe and Boss's schemes. It's dumb fun, but it's also pure fun, without a mean bone in its body. It's good escapism, I guess you'd say. Plus, the humor may be lowbrow, but I respond to it fairly well. Oh, and Daisy's a total hottie. Of course, that pretty much goes without saying. :)

Can't wait to watch the bonus material, which is a rarity for me. I usually skip it.

One last thing: though it took me a couple episodes to get into it, I think I'd enjoy the first two episodes more now. It's really amazing how they got the formula right from the get-go.

"That's a 10-4, my fat little buddy!"
"Roscoe!"
"I'm gone."

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks Greg, it sounds to me like the packaging of the dukes is kind of like v the final battle.The only difference being the dukes have a slip cover.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Saw this on the Dukes message board at warnerbros.com:

Anyone think there's any grain of truth to this? Frankly, message board chatter isn't worth much, but Oct./Nov. doesn't sound unreasonable for a second set. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brad M

Second Unit

Sounds quick. Hope it's true.

A little off topic, one year at a Daryl Starbird car show in the mid-80's (I was 10 or 11) I was waiting on my Dad just outside the business office. The car show had just ended and Tom Wopat had been there playing in a band. I walked over to a water fountain and as I turned around I ran right into him. I froze. All I could do was hold my hand out. He shook my hand and took off towards the hotel across the street. I stood there staring at my hand for 5 minutes. Brings a tear to my eye. Good times. :D

Vince Antrim

Agent
Hey all. I've been reading a lot of the posts in the Star Wars threads, and decided to do a search for the Dukes Of Hazzard. I have only posted a few questions about home theater stuff until now. My birthday was the 18th of this month, and my in-laws got me the box set. My mother-in-law said the one she got was the last one. Problem is, the only "audio" I get is from my center channel speaker, and from each sub. I have the HK AVR 325, so I now it can handle quite a bit. The box says Dolby Digital: English: Mono. What gives? Did my mother-in-law spend money on something that she should have waited for? I mean, I'll keep these anyways, but was wondering what happened.

Thanks in advance,

Vince

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Dolby Digital Mono should only come out of the center speaker. Some DD mono releases have sound coming out of the right and left speakers but it's still mono.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I picked up Dukes Of Hazzard: Season 1 from Circuit City on Sunday Afternoon but I haven't watched it yet. I'm on vacation from work next week so I am thinking of watching the show during my week off next week.

I saw this show when I was a kid but I didn't care for it then. It wasn't until I saw the reruns around 1996 on TNN that I became a fan of the show.

Well, I did check out parts of the DVD this morning. I saw the preview for the new Dukes Of Hazzard video game & I don't like the fact that the confederate flag isn't on the General Lee & it sucks. It's not the General Lee without the confederate flag. I also watched the other extras on the 3rd disc. The Bar-B-Q was a great extra where the cast members reminested about the show & they had lots of fun.

I did check out parts of the shows. I didn't know that the show had a preview before the show started, maybe this is because I only remember seeing the reruns of TNN around 1996.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks