What's new

The Dukes of Hazzard movie seems to be looming closer... (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
John, what you said is true, but the reason im sour of remakes of old tv shows is because 99 percent of the time they dont stick to the original formula, and leave huge plotholes by using half the stuff in old series, and throw something totally out of the blue in ,just to confuse the hell out of us. Thats the only problem i have with them, there not true to the original.:frowning:

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
The problem is that it's a double-edged sword scenario. They shouldn't redo old series because it shows that the creative juices have stopped; yet they shouldn't try to "revamp" a series because many - I would think a majority - will slam them for, as Jeff states it, "blasphemy". The only solution is to come up with something new and refreshing. You can't tell me that the talent and ideas are not out there.

Hollywood is too content with the same-old-same-old. They need to stop being America-centric (or at least Hollywood-centric) with their approach to new ideas. Some of the best movies of late have been coming from the U.K. (Trainspotting, The Full Monty, and so forth.) Why don't they start tapping some U.K. talent for some fresh, new ideas?

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Seems like a hoax. The creator of Moonrunners is the creator of the Dukes of Hazard tv show. Seems like any legal issues would have been handled by WB as soon as they bought the rights to make the movie.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the family show about habitual criminal cousins running moonshine for their backwoods uncle while leering at their cousin Daisy incessantly while riding around in a car with a traitorous flag on top of it foiling the plans of a corrupt law enforcement office.

Real family values type stuff ;)

I don't know what Cooter is complaining about, really. From what I can tell, the movie is pretty faithful to the tone of the original.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They don't run shine. Hogg often tries to plant it on them in order to violate their probation, but they don't run it. The movie looks about as close to the tone of the original as Jones describes.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yeah, I've never understood why this was/is marketed as a "family" show, either.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
This movie looks absolutely awful, except for the promise of Jessica Simpson blown up 50 feet high.:b

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
They don't run shine.
Yes they did. That was the purpose of the General Lee, too bootleg shine and not get caught. They may not have shown it in the series, but Uncle Jessie was in the business of making shine.

Moonrunners is just that, a movie about bootlegers, and the Dukes of Hazzard is a TV show version of that movie.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I watch the show almost every night on DVD. They do NOT run shine. They did, Jesse did, but those days are behind them once the series starts. It is a common plot element for Boss or Roscoe to try to plant the stuff on them, but they get rid of it, and not by selling it.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Whether they run shine or not this looks like another Summer piece of crap. Loud and Dumb just like The Island, Stealth and now this.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Now that I know it is a Broken Lizard movie, maybe Ill give it a try.
Well, just because Jay directed it (and he has some of the guys aboard), I wouldn't call it a Broken Lizard movie. They didn't write the thing, for example.

Jason

Todd_W_Zimmrman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd W. Zimmerman
I know I'm not the only one who hopes the studios lose their shirts on this debacle. When are these Hollywierd suits going to get a clue? And is it any wonder that the most recent movie I've seen this year is from 1971?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks