What's new

THE DONNA REED SHOW: SEASON 5 (1 Viewer)

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Donna Reed, daughter Mary Owen, and husband Tony Owen on the set of "The Donna Reed Show" in between the scenes from a first season episode entitled, "Pardon My Gloves."

Attachments

• Donna Reed Mary Tony in kitchen Set AOL.jpg
    Donna Reed Mary Tony in kitchen Set AOL.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 332

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Here is Donna Reed spending the afternoon with actress June Allison & swimming sensation/actress Esther Williams and also their young ones. Donna Reed is pictured here with one of her children- Tony Owen Jr.

Attachments

• Donna Reed with June Allison and Esther Williams.jpg
    Donna Reed with June Allison and Esther Williams.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 189

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Did Marc ever come back after his PC corruption issue he posted about in post 501?
I just stopped in here to see if there was any news of seasons 6-8.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^According to his profile he was last seen 40 weeks, 1 day ago. I'd like to think he got his system fixed as that's a long time to go without one and reloading a OS isn't that big of a deal...

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
^According to his profile he was last seen 40 weeks, 1 day ago. I'd like to think he got his system fixed as that's a long time to go without one and reloading a OS isn't that big of a deal...
Based on the portion of his #501 post I quoted below, along with your report that Greg hasn't been seen in 40 weeks, I fear that he may not have been successful in recovering his computer's OS? :(
Donna and myself may or may not come back depending on what happens with my computer's operating system
That perhaps he didn't have a recovery disc/USB, springs to my mind as a possible reason Greg may not have been able to "Revive" his computer in the event that what 'happened' with its operating system was that it became unusable.

I hope that all is well with him, in any case?

CHEERS! :)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Anyone know if we'll see the release of the last 3 Donna Reed Show Seasons . I thought they were in the works ?

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
I'm usually a completist on classic TV, but for this series the first five seasons are all I need. Once Shelley Fabares left some of the magic was gone, and Trisha to me was TV's original Cousin Oliver.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Correct me if I am wrong but weren't The Donna Reed show, Dennis the Menace and Leave it to Beaver all shows where the families lived in the same Neighborhood? I Seem to remember a Dennis the Menace Episode where Donna Called Mr Wilson about something

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Correct me if I am wrong but weren't The Donna Reed show, Dennis the Menace and Leave it to Beaver all shows where the families lived in the same Neighborhood? I Seem to remember a Dennis the Menace Episode where Donna Called Mr Wilson about something

John,

There is a Donna Reed episode "Donna Decorates" where Jay North as Dennis Mitchell appears.
Donna tries to redecorate the house, but neighbor boy Dennis Mitchell (Jay North) tries to help her...and ends up making things more of a mess. Donna finally calls Dennis' neighbor Mr.Wilson (Joseph Kearns) to ask if Dennis would help him with anything. This was a crossover show-with two people from "Dennis the Menace" guesting. It turns out both shows are set in the town of Hilldale

John

Last edited:

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I'm usually a completist on classic TV, but for this series the first five seasons are all I need. Once Shelley Fabares left some of the magic was gone, and Trisha to me was TV's original Cousin Oliver.

Who was Cousin Oliver on Donna Reed? Don’t remember that character? I agree once Shelley departed it went downhill fast? Trisha was annoying! For me the first five seasons were the only ones that mattered. It would have been like if Ethel left, and Fred remarried someone ten years younger .on “ I Love Lucy”.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Who was Cousin Oliver on Donna Reed? Don’t remember that character? I agree once Shelley departed it went downhill fast? Trisha was annoying! For me the first five seasons were the only ones that mattered. It would have been like if Ethel left, and Fred remarried someone ten years younger .on “ I Love Lucy”.
Cousin Oliver (played by Robert Anthony Rist) is from the last six episodes of The Brady Bunch.
220px-Robbie_Rist_Cousin_Oliver_Brady_Bunch_1974.JPG

The trope "Cousin Oliver" is used to describe the kid added to the show's roster usually in an attempt to liven up an aging cast with a character to which the younger demographics can supposedly relate. It's also used to describe a younger cast addition when an older cast member leaves the show. In this case, Shelley Fabares was replaced with Trisha - the "Cousin Oliver" replacement.

And I agree with David about Trisha being the original TV version of "Cousin Oliver." There were quite a few of those in the 60s before the practice got its name.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
Robbie Rist was actually a talented little comic actor who had the misfortune of coming into the last six episodes of The Brady Bunch where he was not needed.

Patty Petersen was in the last 3 1/2 seasons of The Donna Reed Show. She was not a great actress and she had very little to do.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I never saw anything about them being in the works. Just remember that Sony wasn't being cooperative.
Sorry to hear that . I kind of remembered that MPI and Donna Reed's family were trying to get them released. So from what your saying , I see it won't happen .

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
What I do remember about seasons 6 & 7 was Bob Crane being quite funny as Dr. Dave Kelsey. Season 8 did air in the later syndication package which ran on Nick at Nite. I'm guessing that the 6th and 7th season episodes haven't been rerun since the 70s. But if the last 3 seasons don't come out, I'm okay with that. I wouldn't mind seeing the handful of episodes with Mary returning though.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I just got the Critic's Choice catalog in the mail, and they are showing a new MPI release of The Donna Reed Show Complete Seasons 1-5 with 25 discs . Amazon is currently selling it for under $100. I'm wondering if this means they are giving up the ghost on seasons 6-8.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I just got the Critic's Choice catalog in the mail, and they are showing a new MPI release of The Donna Reed Show Complete Seasons 1-5 with 25 discs . Amazon is currently selling it for under $100. I'm wondering if this means they are giving up the ghost on seasons 6-8.

Thanks for the heads-up, Lou! This seems to be a pretty good deal, and definitely cheaper than getting the 5 seasons separately. I was just planning on getting the first 2 seasons to start with, but maybe I'll go ahead and get this 5-season set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks