What's new

THE DONNA REED SHOW, SEASON 3 - October 20th (1 Viewer)

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

Yeah, I forgot about mentioning that S4 info. Dave mentioned that it's tentatively coming around Mother's Day next year. Good news all around today for "Santa" themes and continuing what's turning out to be one my all-time best blind-buy shows.
Thanks Jeff for the great news concerning Season 4 of "The Donna Reed Show." I simply can't wait for that particular season to be released!!!!!! It has been so MANY YEARS since I have seen that less syndicated season!!!!!

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Gary OS /forum/thread/291188/the-donna-reed-show-season-3-october-20th/30#post_3612137

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Beat the drums in Celebration!!!!! This should be a very Fun Christmas Present for all of us Fans that love this Great Family Show!

Myself- I CAN'T WAIT, but I guess I have to just like everybody else.

I sure hope all of the episodes regarding this third season release are Complete Unedited Episodes!!!!!!! /img/vbsmilies/htf/crazy.gif

Elena S

Supporting Actor
I am just so happy to be able to get this show. I really hope the releases will continue, at the very least through the episodes featuring Shelly and Paul singing. I loved their songs.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Elena S ">[/url]

I am just so happy to be able to get this show. I really hope the releases will continue, at the very least through the episodes featuring Shelly and Paul singing. I loved their songs.[/QUOTE]I can't wait for S3! I'm watching this show for the first time on DVD so I'm not familiar with the "singing" episodes. Were those actors recording artists in other careers?

TSoD had a great news release post about S3. Posted yesterday. Link is

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

From reading the post, it sounds like there's another Christmas episode in S3. I've been saving the S1 Christmas episode for viewing over the holidays.

Unfortunately I don't believe there's a Christmas-themed episode for this show in Season 3, Jeff. The show only put out that great 1st Season Christmas episode as far as I know. What I believe will be contained on this upcoming dvd is a "Christmas greeting" from the cast that probably ran at the end of an episode that aired close to Christmas time. But I don't believe the episode itself is about Christmas like that first season one was. Still, it will be a nice extra.

Gary "hope these keep getting cranked out in 2010" O.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Hey! "The Donna Reed Show" is almost upon us!!

Virgil Films & Entertainment is displaying on their Website the Cover Pictures for this series Third Season DVD Release that is continually flashing up in Wide Screen. This Donna Reed Show/Season 3 Promotional Ad is the Third Ad to appear when you get to their Website.

Here is the link: http://www.virgilfilmsent.com/index.php

I would like to wish all of you, a very Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg2356

Hey! "The Donna Reed Show" is almost upon us!!

Virgil Films & Entertainment is displaying on their Website the Cover Pictures for this series Third Season DVD Release that is continually flashing up in Wide Screen. This Donna Reed Show/Season 3 Promotional Ad is the Third Ad to appear when you get to their Website.

Here is the link: http://www.virgilfilmsent.com/index.php

I would like to wish all of you, a very Happy Thanksgiving Day!
+1 . Have a happy Thanksgiving as well!

It's almost time for me to watch that annual tradition "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" DVD

Donna Reed: Can't wait for S3 as well. I'm still watching S1 about halfway through it and enjoying this show more than I thought when I bought it as a blind-buy.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Greg, thanks so much for all that info. I guess I'm in for the duration of this series, but I've always hated cast changes of any kind in these quaint shows. It just disturbs the nice little world the family, and audience, lives in for those 30 or 60 minutes each week. Coming from a divorced home when I was only four, I'm sure one of the draws of these older series is the beautiful sense of security and continuity. Friends are always there for one another; people resolve their difficulties by the end of the episode; and everyone lives happily ever after. I know that's not the real world, but I don't watch TV to get more of the real world. Frankly, I've never understood people that do watch for that reason. Seems bizarre to me. Oh well, I digress.

Yeah, it will be a shame to get to Season 5 and not have Shelley there all the time, and it will surely hurt watching those last couple of episodes and not seeing her there. What a shame.

Gary "does anyone else hate cast changes for the same reason I do?" O.
I agree with you a thousand percent. If I wanted the real world, then I would be outside in it. The whole point of TV is to get away from the real world and to see life as we wish it was, not how it is. Why do you need to see harsh reality on TV when it's happening in real life every day. TV spent far more time raising me than my parents did and I'm thankful for shows like Donna Reed, Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, Ozzie and Harriet and all of the other family shows I grew up with. I'm pretty sure it was better to grow up watching those shows than to grow up with the shows that are on now where all it consists of is sex jokes and insults.

Elena S

Supporting Actor

I can't wait for S3! I'm watching this show for the first time on DVD so I'm not familiar with the "singing" episodes. Were those actors recording artists in other careers?
Yes! Paul had hits with "She Can't Find Her Keys," and "My Dad." And you may have heard "Johnny Angel" -- one of the biggest oldies of all time. That's Shelley singing it. Another song she recorded that you never hear anymore is "Big Star." I LOVE that song. She performed it in the show, too. All of these would have been in the early 60s so we're talking about season 3 or 4, probably.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

I agree with you a thousand percent. If I wanted the real world, then I would be outside in it. The whole point of TV is to get away from the real world and to see life as we wish it was, not how it is. Why do you need to see harsh reality on TV when it's happening in real life every day. TV spent far more time raising me than my parents did and I'm thankful for shows like Donna Reed, Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, Ozzie and Harriet and all of the other family shows I grew up with. I'm pretty sure it was better to grow up watching those shows than to grow up with the shows that are on now where all it consists of is sex jokes and insults.

AMEN. Preach it, brother! I guess all the regulars know I feel just like you do on this issue so I won't belabor the point. But I honestly couldn't agree more with you.

Gary "tv shows should be about wonderful ideals, not harsh disgusting reality, as far as I'm concerned" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Gary OS

On topic (finally :)) This show has one of my favorite opening theme tunes of all of my shows. Just adds to the enjoyment of it.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
My order regarding (The Donna Reed Show/Season Three) has been SHIPPED!!!!!!!!

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
All 38 Episodes regarding The Donna Reed Show/Season 3 are Complete and Uncut!!!!! What a Relief!!!!!!!! I hate edited episodes from Vintage Classic Television Shows!!! The episodes for the most part seem to me to be sharper than in the previous seasons 1 and 2. In some episodes though the contrast seems either a little too bright or a little too dark, but mostly throughout these 38 episodes the contrast is fine. One other thing is that the Audio Level on the Opening Theme Song on most all the episodes is too loud in volume compared to the Audio Level on the Opening Story Scene. This wasn't the case in either Seasons 1 or 2.

The Special Feature with Paul Petersen and Donna Reed's Daughter was very interesting to watch, with inserted scenes from the "Donna Reed Show" in between their discussion about this TV Series, where Paul Petersen takes over after so many minutes into this cleverly done, and Fun Special Feature! It is close to a half hour in length!!

I JUST LOVE THIS- DONNA REED SHOW SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Greg.

Great news! As a 1st-time viewer of this show on DVD, it's good to hear your early feedback on the S3 set. Mine's getting prepared up north from that guy in the sleigh :)

This show has been a real gem of a blind-buy, thanks to my frend Gary who gave me the info on the show and convinced me to get S1. One thing that I'll miss about the S2/3 sets is that I love that S1 opening theme and I noticed that it changed with S2. I found that out by mistake last week since I picked up the S2 set thinking it was S1, and put it into the player and heard the new theme.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Jeff, you will be happy to know that on Season 3 regarding "The Donna Reed Show" that on some of the opening credits the Theme Song Version from the First Season is used!!! I don't know why this is, but I have seen this First Season Theme Song at the beginning of at least three episodes on the opening credits thus far on this Third Season Release... It is the original from the First Season when the children were younger in the opening credits.

Also the Rare Christmas Greeting from the Cast Members of "The Donna Reed Show" is from the First Season as well. And it has a clear picture resolution and nice audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks