What's new

The Digital Bits - Good Grief (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
As someone who runs a rather popular site, it DOES get costly. I have ads, and nobody complains. /shrug.

And, I've been reading the Bits since Day One, and will continue to do so.

Mike

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
I like Bill's site a lot and prefer it when he has something personal to add - a review, an opinion, anything - DVD news soon spreads all over the web but personalised content (such as Bill's thoughts on KING KONG) are like a welcome free bonus. I like blogs and I like Bill's style of writing.

Re-reading Ron's comments about ad-click payments makes me inclined to now click on the ads at least once every time I pay a visit, just to show some support or something. I'll likely close the ad as soon as it's appeared, but if the click gets counted, I'm happy.

Dharmesh's comment about Bill's head colds was pretty funny though.

Bill Hunt

Insider

Yes, it was. Definitely made me laugh! Now you know just how hard we work on some of this stuff... to the point of impacting our health at times. Too much to do, so little time to sleep. :)

Thanks again for all your kind comments, guys. Much appreciated.

Happy holidays!

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
At the risk of being eaten alive, I'd like to say this-

Somebody once said that a critic who hasn't made films shouldn't review them.

That concept may or may not apply here. Personally, I think it might.

Bill, thank you for your great site. Yours was the first reliable dvd site I discovered, and I continue to visit it daily. Among other things, your site introduced me to Terrence Malick and HTF, two things I am very thankful for.

Ron, thank you for the unparalleled and terrific service that is HTF. I've learned more about dvd's, film, and film-related subjects (and edge enhancement!) here than almost anywhere else, something I never would have expected.

Best Regards,
Nathan

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
And people who have not played professional football should not write about the NFL, people who have not played professional basketball should not write about the NBA and those who have not ridden bicycles on the tour in Europe should not write about the Tour de France, those who have not been CEOs should not write about business and if you have not been elected president of a medium-size country, you are disqualified from writing about government.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Whoa there, Lew. I didn't mean that extreme :) As we know, no principle applies to every situation. There are always exceptions. I was simply throwing the idea out there.

Regards,
Nathan

Fred Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
I very much appreciate the Bits site and am not bothered at all by any advertising. I generally figure out quickly how to get by the ads as quickly as possible. Keep up the good work. I'll remain faithful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks