What's new

The "designing the perfect subwoofer driver" thread... (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Quote from Dan earlier in this thread:

After all, it bests twin Tempests (and with the linearity gains of the XBL2 motors, gets you close to 3 of them around the 10% THD limit). Pretty spooky levels of bass!

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Okay, just found out that they decided on the spider to be used and now are working on a different basket design. Basically, it looks like a preorder will begin about Sept. 23rd. I know everybody hates the wait but Dan wants to make sure everything is good to go before he releases it.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the update, Kyle. Different basket design? Is it not the 4-spoke "Venezuelan" basket any more like on the Brahma?

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Just a question for John or Kyle on the 18" PR's listed on the Link Removed . The PR is described as "the SA-PR18-1600D which is an 18" model that features dual spiders." The Stryke PR page lists the SA-PR18-1600 as single spider supporting up to 2000g Mms.
I'm assuming the "D" suffix of the former means dual spiders (?), so my other question is how much Mms the Acoustic-Visions PR's can support.

A

Anthony_Gomez

the AV PRs are Stryke PR's. If it is the dual spider version (99% sure they are), they support up to 3kg iirc.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Today should be pre-order day correct...? (Kyle's site say 23rd)
So, Where's my preorder? :)
Seth

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Seth,

I hear ya! I'm leaving tomorrow for CEDIA and won't have internet access until I get back on Sunday!!!! I'm ready to order right now!

Brian

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Kyle,
i think everyone would agree, it is better to wait a few weeks extra and work out the bugs than put out a flawed product. I know I can always trust adire to put out a great product at a great price.. I look at it as a chance to save a little more money till my credit card gets billed. ;)
Craig

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Is the Tumult going to become the Killer Bitboys graphics card of the Subwoofer kingdom? By original accounts this thing should have been on sale months ago.

Seth

A

Anthony_Gomez

Pre Order SHOULD have started in July....but delays happen. This delay i just longer than I anticipated. Hopefully it will be worth it!

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Thanks for the update Kyle... as a side question, does Adire plan on "trickling down" the XBL technology to its other drivers/kits (Shiva, Tempest, Kit281, HE10.1) anytime soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks