1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Day The Earth Stood Still Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Spottedfeather, Mar 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Spottedfeather

Spottedfeather Well-Known Member

Matt
    I just got the blu-ray of The Day The Earth Stood Still from 1951. One of the extras is Interactive Theremin. You're supposed to be able to put down some notes and then play it over a scene from the movie. It starts and I can put down notes. But when I click the preview button, there is no sound. Just the background sound that plays while you put the notes down. And when you click the Play button, there is still no sound. It just shows the scene from the movie. I tried the movie on my computer, but it won't load, so I don't know what the extra feature is like.

Has anyone here had this problem ?

2. Spottedfeather

Matt
    Huh. Guess it's just my player. I tried the blu-ray on my dad's machine and the Interactive Theremin worked just fine. I guess my player, made in about 2008, is just too old. Like I said, the disc wouldn't even load on my computer, which was made in about 2010.

3. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Excuse for a new BD player...;-)

4. ROclockCK

ROclockCK Premium
    Supporter

Steve
    More likely, just update the firmware. Since the release of that TDTESS SE Blu-ray in 2008, I've needed at least once a year updates to my PS3.

5. Spottedfeather

Matt
    Wish I COULD update the firmware. The last firmware on the website is from 2010. I updated the firmware a few months ago when the documentary on the It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World blu-ray wouldn't play. It plays now. TDTESS it's self plays just fine, as do all the other bonus features, it's just the Interactive Theremin that doesn't work.

Wish I COULD get a new player. But that won't happen anytime soon. I'm hoping to get a PS3 so I can play the three Dead Space games. Maybe that will work.

The Interactive Theremin isn't that cool of a feature, but it would be nice if it worked. And I wish the disc would play on my computer. It won't even load up. And when I hit Play in the blu-ray program, it just says no disc in drive. Plays dvds just fine.