What's new

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
This is the only comic book movie I'm looking forward too. Besides TDK the only other I can remember enjoying as of late was IM 2, but that wasn't great. After Wolverine I'm convinced that Fox/Marvel can't make decent movies anymore. To go from the early Xmen movies to that was a huge disappointing step down.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Im looking foward to a few, or at least being open minded about the potential.

Vaughns Xmen First Class has me a bit excited. FOX is staying out of thei way and the creative team seems to have total control.
Im interested to see what Brannagh does with Thor.
Joe Johnstons The Rocketeer still ranks up there pretty highly with me, so Im hoping Captain America wont disappoint. He seems like the right person for that job.
The Wolverine will be directed by D Aronofsky based on a script by Chris McQuarrie. I still cant believe this one is happening.

What I dont have any real interest in is the Spiderman reboot. Green Lantern, Superman and Conan, we'll have to wait and see.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Robin could be made to work and doesn't need to bring any levity. Dick's parents were killed like Bruce's, so I could see a scenario where he is taking the opposite path and becoming a criminal, and instead of dealing with him harshly as he might, Bruce sees himself in Dick and decides to intervene and channel him in the opposite direction. I'm certain it won't happen, but there are ways.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Nolan's Batman would seem to fit better with the little known villians like Zazzz, or Killer Croc, How about Mudslide, lets have some villians we have not seen before. Bane, to me, was always a Character that was created to do one thing, break Batman's Back, therefore leaving others to pick up his mantel, he's not much beyond that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The biggest problem with Robin in this universe is the costume. The first two movies went through great pains to showcase why Bruce put together the suit he did to become Batman. A garish red, yellow and green circus costume is the total antithesis of that.

Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa
Nolan's Batman would seem to fit better with the little known villians like Zazzz, or Killer Croc, How about Mudslide, lets have some villians we have not seen before. Bane, to me, was always a Character that was created to do one thing, break Batman's Back, therefore leaving others to pick up his mantel, he's not much beyond that.
Victor Zsasz was in Batman Begins. Killer Croc would have been great in one of the Tim Burton "Batman" movies, but he's too science fiction-y for the Nolan universe. I'm not sure who Mudslide is, but if he's anything like Clayface, he's too science fiction-y as well. There are no superpowers in this universe.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ive seen some Robin designs Ive liked from recent years.

04a36b64_robin-tim-drake.jpg

179c8178_150px-Damian_Wayne_as_Robin.jpg

7b5115fd_Detective_Comics_809.jpg

1277a918_Robin_v2_150_art.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Patrick Sun said:
Marion Cotillard in the cast, perhaps?

http://www.slashfilm.com/french-newspaper-reports-marion-cotillard-cast-the-dark-knight-rises/#
What was her Oscar for?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by Peter McM
A July release date? Good--shouldn't compete with the new Star Trek, due last I heard in May.
No, the summer of 2012 is already crowded. Star Trek 2 (or 12, depending on how you count them) is scheduled for June 29, followed by Spider-man 4 July 3 (a mere five days later), Dark Knight July 20. The summer begins with Avengers on May 4, and already has Ridley Scott's Alien prequel-or-not Prometheus on June 8. Also scheduled are a third Men in Black movie for Memorial Day weekend, a third Madagascar movie and Peter Berg's Battleship in May, Pixar's new movie Brave in June, a live-action Snow White with Julia Roberts on June 29 (same as Trek), and something called Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter in June. And in between Spider-man and Batman in July is another Ice Age movie. Also, somewhere in 2012 - presumably summer - will be Darren Aronofsky's The Wolverine.

http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/-/2012/

Some of these will no doubt move around, but that's a pretty hefty schedule a year and half out. The competition for box office dollars, media attention and marketing space is already fierce.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
Looks like this movie is really going to tie into the first movie:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/129118-gordon-levitts-the-dark-knight-rises-role-revealed

Time to reread The Long Halloween.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
http://collider.com/batman-reboot-warner-bros-christopher-nolan-producer/83025/

It should be noted that Robinov said reinvent as opposed to reboot. I always figured that Nolan would stay on in some capacity after finishing the third film and serve as a producer. I think the direction the studio goes will largely depend on if the principle members of the cast opt not to return and/or the studio chooses to replace any of them. Even if everyone is recast, I seriously doubt that WB will reboot the series after Nolan so successfully did it with BB in '05. With a likely release date in either 2014 or 2015, I think that film will focus on a Gotham where Batman already is an established hero.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Nolan has said a couple times he sees this trilogy having a definitive end - so theyre prob going to have to do some reinventing to have the character continue on in films like the planned Justice League. So I dont think its mean reboot either, just altering the character from the Nolan trilogy to keep him going.

I really have doubts about Justice League. Marvel has built up towards Avengers with multiple movies

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm glad they well be rebooting this, I always forget how Batman came to be, like his origin? Why is he dressed like a bat again?

Yup, every 6 years of so, we need a reboot and an origin story. It's not like I can just, you know, own these things for a re-watch if I want.

The reboot will be so that The Joker can be alive and kicking in a Batman movie again since Ledger snuffed it. Seriously, they have to stop killing the villains in these movies.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
From what I understand, neither Batman or Superman will be in WB's upcoming Justice League movie. If the rumored 2013 targeted release is legit, that means the studio will more than likely use the movie to launch frranchises for other DC superhero properties. Pretty much the opposite of how Marvel handled their upcoming Avengers movie.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Terry, Snyder just confirmed your assumption.
http://www.slashfilm.com/zack-snyder-superman-justice-league-superman/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+slashfilm+%28%2FFilm%29

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TerryRL

It should be noted that Robinov said reinvent as opposed to reboot.
Call me a cynic but I just think he's the first guy in Hollywood to figure out that internet fans go crazy when the term 'reboot' is used so he's using a different word that essentially means the same thing. That being said, I'm sure whoever makes the next Batman movie after Nolan will be following closely in his footsteps since his movies were loved by audiences and critics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks