What's new

The "Cool News from E3" thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
So far I'm kind of disappointed in Rare, and wondering if Microsoft made the right decision to spend all the bucks on them. The Conker Game sounds cool with multiplayer support on Live, but why couldn't they come up with a new single player game? I don't want the same N64 version I played 2 years ago, come on Rare! The new Grabbed by the Ghoulies game doesn't look to impressive either, hopefully the gameplay will make up for it. Oh and I'm disappointed that Kameo: Elements of Power has been delayed to 2004. And where's Banjo and Perfect Dark? Well at least there are some other killer games coming for the XBOX to look forword to this year.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Well, the Halo 2 playable demo looked incredible. It felt incredible. Best of all, it felt like Halo!

Aside from that, waiting for PS2 Castlevania news (beyond the title), Metroid Prime 2/RE 4/Rogue Squadron III:Rebel Strike news, and any other goodness that might come this way.

The DooM 3 trailer was pretty badass as well.

Take care,
Chuck

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
"Star Wars: Republic Commando" looks interesting . . . a squad-based combat game set in the "Star Wars" universe for Xbox Live.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Me, my first drool was the details on Steel Battalion Online

5 on 5 combat, at least a semi-persistant world where clan members can seize territory AND design their own patches. Clan HTF WhooT!

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
The new Xbox Live Sports thing looks cool. I don't have a direct link handy right now but basically you can Join leagues, participate in tournaments, and it keeps track of your rankings. NFl Fever 2004, NBA Inside Drive 2004, Links 2004, Top Spin Tennis(this game will rule:D ), and Amped 2 are all going to have this feature. I'm pretty excited about this.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
Nope, first I'd known that MGS3 was PS2 only. Another big third-party score for Sony, I suppose.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No DragonBall game announced, it will likely be terrible anyway

Sony just announced PlayStation Portable

2.4" caddy encapsulated discs that hold 1.8GB

32 bit(MHz TBA)

480x272 pixel 16:9 backlt screen

USB 2.0 connectivity

Rechargeable battery

No price announced, but it sounds like it's going to have hookups for a car entertainment system as well

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Sony just announced PlayStation Portable
Wow. Although I wonder if maybe there's going to be too much competition in this area - with this, the N-Gage, and the Helix all coming out in the next year-or-so, I doubt any of them will be able to chip away enough market share from Nintendo to survive.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Although I wonder if maybe there's going to be too much competition in this area - with this, the N-Gage, and the Helix all coming out in the next year-or-so, I doubt any of them will be able to chip away enough market share from Nintendo to survive.
Except the only real competition there is the Sony one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks