What's new

The consolidated thread for NYPD BLUE season 3 (1 Viewer)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
This has been said before in other threads about this subject, but the low sales of season 2 means it is very unlikely we will see any more seasons released to DVD at this time.

JeffDeem

Auditioning
Thanks, I looked for an hour after I signed up and saw no threads on it at all, which is why I started this one. I do appreciate the help though. Thank you.

Jeff

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah and it stinks I would've been a guarantee buy for at least a few more seasons. I do find it humorous that Homicide might get a full series release it finally got the last laugh

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Also I think FOX's sales expectations might be different from A&E. So Homicide might being released more and more because A&E's sales expectations may be different and the show isn't being repeated a million times like NYPD Blue. Maybe FOX was expecting better sales out of Blue than what they got and the reruns may be killing the DVD sales for the show (you can see two episodes on TNT in the morning and one episode on Court TV in the evening).

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
The indispensable folks at Tvshowsondvd announce today that the third season is planned for release, but a release date isn't set yet; they're looking for a good time to re-launch it.

My dad will be especially happy, as he's a big fan of this and Law and Order -- two shows that looked at one point like they might never get any more DVD releases.

Hopefully this bodes well for some of Fox's other "holding pattern" shows like King of the Hill and Malcolm in the Middle.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Rumor was this would never come out. I certainly am a happy camper as the kids say.

Does thsi bode well for Hill Street Blues?

JeffDeem

Auditioning
That is great news. At least we know that season 3 will come out, maybe not when, but it will sometime.

Jeff

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yes fantastic news lets just hope they don't split the season up like they seem to be doing with Lost in Space and Combat

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
GREAT news about season 3. I at least want all the Bobby Simone episodes, but this news has made my weekend. Wow - Law & Order, Homicide, NYPD Blue - I'm in '90s crime drama heaven!

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Great news. With this announcement and Universal hopefully releasing "Miami Vice" and "Kojak" in the future plus Columbia's good work with "Starsky and Hutch" things are looking good for classic Cop shows. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Dan Bealsebub

Auditioning
Has anyone heard if any more seasons of Blue are going to be released anytime soon??? This is my favorite show and I really would love to own every season down the line. Especially the all too brief Danny Sorenson seasons...

And news links or info appreciated.

Thanks.

-Dan

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
This thread doesn't seem to be doing any good.
Apparently people think you're either talking about an abandoned series called[/b] "Omnibus" or about some form of public transporation. :) Maybe "Abandoned TV Series Consolidated Thread" or "Where is (Show X) Combined Thread" would work better for those with a limited volcabularly. :D

Regards,

Joe

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator
Fox, where is "NYPD Blue" season 3? This is one of the best police dramas on tv!I hope we don't have to wait too long for season 3 and all the rest of the sseasons for that matter.

Thank you!
Richard Ringenbach

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
This last season of NYPD Blue has been great (only one more episode to go). I really wish that FOX would get back on the stick and start releasing this groundbreaking series again.

Has anyone heard any news regarding this?

Ric

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I was hoping now with all the publicity of the final season we would've heard some news about this by now, but so for no luck. I've got the first two seasons and am really hoping for more seasons. I was thinking about only buying till when Jimmy Smits left, but now I'm thinking I want the whole series.

Corey

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks