1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The consolidated thread for NYPD BLUE season 3

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by todd stone, Oct 6, 2003.

1. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

This has been said before in other threads about this subject, but the low sales of season 2 means it is very unlikely we will see any more seasons released to DVD at this time.

2. JeffDeem

JeffDeem Auditioning

Thanks, I looked for an hour after I signed up and saw no threads on it at all, which is why I started this one. I do appreciate the help though. Thank you.

Jeff

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

Yeah and it stinks I would've been a guarantee buy for at least a few more seasons. I do find it humorous that Homicide might get a full series release it finally got the last laugh

4. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

Also I think FOX's sales expectations might be different from A&E. So Homicide might being released more and more because A&E's sales expectations may be different and the show isn't being repeated a million times like NYPD Blue. Maybe FOX was expecting better sales out of Blue than what they got and the reruns may be killing the DVD sales for the show (you can see two episodes on TNT in the morning and one episode on Court TV in the evening).

5. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Supporting Actor

The indispensable folks at Tvshowsondvd announce today that the third season is planned for release, but a release date isn't set yet; they're looking for a good time to re-launch it.

My dad will be especially happy, as he's a big fan of this and Law and Order -- two shows that looked at one point like they might never get any more DVD releases.

Hopefully this bodes well for some of Fox's other "holding pattern" shows like King of the Hill and Malcolm in the Middle.

6. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I'll be getting it. [​IMG]

7. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Rumor was this would never come out. I certainly am a happy camper as the kids say.

Does thsi bode well for Hill Street Blues?

8. JeffDeem

JeffDeem Auditioning

That is great news. At least we know that season 3 will come out, maybe not when, but it will sometime.

Jeff

9. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

Yes fantastic news lets just hope they don't split the season up like they seem to be doing with Lost in Space and Combat

10. John Stell

John Stell Supporting Actor

John Stell
    GREAT news about season 3. I at least want all the Bobby Simone episodes, but this news has made my weekend. Wow - Law & Order, Homicide, NYPD Blue - I'm in '90s crime drama heaven!

11. Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren Second Unit

Great news. With this announcement and Universal hopefully releasing "Miami Vice" and "Kojak" in the future plus Columbia's good work with "Starsky and Hutch" things are looking good for classic Cop shows. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Richard Ringenbach

Richard Ringenbach Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone heard any word on when the third season of "NYPD BLUE" will be out on dvd?

Thank you!
    Richard Ringenbach

13. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

14. Dan Bealsebub

Dan Bealsebub Auditioning

Has anyone heard if any more seasons of Blue are going to be released anytime soon??? This is my favorite show and I really would love to own every season down the line. Especially the all too brief Danny Sorenson seasons...

And news links or info appreciated.

Thanks.

-Dan

15. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

16. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Oh, and according to David Lambert, season 3 of Blue shoudl hit sometime next year.

17. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

18. Richard Ringenbach

Richard Ringenbach Stunt Coordinator

Fox, where is "NYPD Blue" season 3? This is one of the best police dramas on tv!I hope we don't have to wait too long for season 3 and all the rest of the sseasons for that matter.

Thank you!
    Richard Ringenbach

19. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Screenwriter

This last season of NYPD Blue has been great (only one more episode to go). I really wish that FOX would get back on the stick and start releasing this groundbreaking series again.

Has anyone heard any news regarding this?

Ric

20. Corey_Smith

Corey_Smith Stunt Coordinator

I was hoping now with all the publicity of the final season we would've heard some news about this by now, but so for no luck. I've got the first two seasons and am really hoping for more seasons. I was thinking about only buying till when Jimmy Smits left, but now I'm thinking I want the whole series.

Corey