What's new

The consolidated "I want to see HEAT get a special edition" thread (1 Viewer)

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
And the THIEF commentary with Mann and James Caan is one of the worst around, unfortunately. I was so excited about this when the laserdisc came out--couldn't get through it and the image was lackluster on top of that.

Jon

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
How things have changed. I remember when the Heat soundtrack was considered reference quality.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Remember folks, initially the Coen brothers hated the idea of doing a commentary track for any of their films, but for The Man Who Wasn't There they changed their mind.
There is hope. ;)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I think the current DVD is just fine as far the audio side of things. Actually, it's a lot better than fine, especially the infamous chapter 32.:D The video could be better, but I've seen a lot worse.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Heat still finds it way into my player when demo time comes around.
However, improved video (or, gulp, audio) and SE material would rope me in for certain.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I think the audio is great! The big gunfight is absolutely submersive to the point where I break out into a sweat watching that scene... :)
I'd like an SE if only to rid myself of the snapper case.
BTW, Martin Scorsese ranks Heat as on of the 10 best films of the 90's... (He also considered Eyes Wide Shut on the ten best so he has some credibility. :))

Carol Razavi

Stunt Coordinator
I wish this came out already... but I have hope now that Warner Bros. has their new 2-Disc Special Edition(horrible name, by the way!) line. Maybe we'll see this next year.
And I know Michael Mann's history with DVDs, but, there can always be hope.
;)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
This film is awesome. Best picture of 1995, by far. One of the best films of the decade. Cinematography, acting, script (Mann also wrote), and of course direction are out of this world. Some of the best character development I've ever seen. Did anyone else notice there are NO fades or dissolves or anything in this entire film? It's just cuts. The finale got Moby quite a bit of fame in the film community- he scored the entire scene.

Nathan

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
actually moby didn't really score that scene. mann used a lot of previously recorded stuff in the movie, including the Michael Brooks guitar tracks and the Moby songs.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
I rememeber the bank shootout as chapter 14 and 15 on the laserdisc. Ahhh that brings back good memories of trying to watch Heat on a 9" screen with the speakers 5' away from the tv or more.

HendraU

Auditioning
I wish there was something we could do to make them give us this special edition.
Like starting our own shootout? :D
Seriously though, I think Heat really deserves a Special Edition. Ali was good, but nowhere near this masterpiece. I'd be the first in line for a 2-disc version with DTS track.

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
I love this flick. Been meaning to pick up the barebones release now. I still think the soundtrack on the current release is fantastic.

However this film desperately needs a 2-Disc special edition. And I would be one of the first people in line to buy it.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I could not agree with you more. This movie is on my top ten list of all time. The shootout scene in the streets is still one of the most intense realistic shootouts I have ever seen! The soundtrack on the current release is very good. I still would love a SE though. The picture quality could use some treatment.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Mark me down. Heat: SE would be a lovely buy. Commentary from actors and/or director, deleted scenes, documentary, behind-the-scenes, would rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks