What's new

The Conformist from Paramount Dec 5th (1 Viewer)

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
And it's going to be in the correct aspect ratio according to the publicity - not the 4:3 ratio that was rumored at one time.

I'm all over this one. Now if only Paramount could turn their attention to classics such as 'If...' and 'Ace In The Hole', I'd be a happy man.

Sergio A

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched a clip of this in VISIONS OF LIGHT the other day and I was wondering what was happenig with this release, so this is really wonderful news, especially as Paramount does such good jobs with its archive titles (when it actually releases them) - I haven't seen this magnificient "difficult" work since its theatrical re-release here in the UK about 10 years ago - can't believe its been that long - the Italian 2-disc release of 1900 is pretty good by th wya so hopefully any further releases should be of a good standard.

Sergio

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
About f'n time !

Fantastic film with one of the best pieces of cinematography.

I guess it's too much to ask for an HD-DVD release?

TimJS

Second Unit
Specs from DVDTimes:

Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
English, French & Italian Mono
English subtitles
The Rise of the Conformist
The Conformist: Shadow and Light
The Conformist: Breaking New Grounds

Tim

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
The specs look good. I can't wait for this release.

Amazon.ca has this priced at just over $11 CAD. At this price with this masterpiece, my pledge to stop purchasing DVDs (in preperation for HD DVD) just went out the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks