What's new

The Class ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Another good episode, though Holly's husband's prodding resulted in Duncan-Nicole finally getting their past sort out. Fondue in bed...that looked painful. Richie's frozen look was hilarious.

Don S

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoy this show. It manages to make me laugh and actually care about the characters somewhat (which is no small feat). I really hope it sticks around..

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
Based on last night's episode, it looks like they're definitely planning on tying up just about every ongoing plot point, just in case the series doesn't get renewed...

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This show has slowly become one of my favorite shows on right now.

I think the original run was only planned for 13 episodes. Any rumors of this show making it past this?

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
It didn't get renewed for a full 22 episodes...I think it's getting 19 so March 5 is probably the date for the season (series?) finale...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
All I know is that this show now makes me LOL, so I look forward to it renewal if it happens.

Richie always makes me laugh at his unconventional and out-of-touch ways of dealing with pop culture (like when Duncan offered him his fist as a sign that he was on the team, and Richie just grabs it awkwardly instead of just bumping fists).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I removed this show from my season passes and haven't seen it in a few weeks, but I did catch it this week channel surfing and admit I laughed out loud when the pipe was leaking and the blond girl said she knew the pipe was there from watching them everyday and Richie said something like, "I didn't know it was there." It was all in his delivery. The show still doesn't do it for me but that was funny and I'm glad to see they bagged the news lady. She was worthless.

Kelly W

Second Unit
Really? I've heard of "half orders" of 13 and "full orders" of 22, but what's 19? Would three episodes make that much difference? I'll never understand how network TV works.

If that's the case, then I'd say the outlook for a season 2 isn't pretty.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I guess that's a "partial" renewal. If you remember, All-American Girl had something like 19 episodes, too. I've heard renewal doesn't look good which disappoints me. It's one of the few shows I make sure I catch every episode of.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
That's what I said to my wife when they broke up Ethan and his girlfriend as well as moving along the Duncan-Nicole thing. While there is no confirmation that the show is going to be cancellled, I don't think anyone's jaw will drop if it is. Rather than leave things hanging and unresolved, they're going to get some closure. This also happened to Ed, which so looked like a goner the creators concluded all the storylines and finally paired up Ed and Carol. So of course NBC renews it and they didn't have a lot to work with and the last season was unfocused.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
My wife and I love this show. We think its hilarious. Week after week we laugh. Mostly from Ritchie. He has the best dialog of all. His timing is also impeccable.

"I Just ate a rodeo; I'm coughing up hooves!"

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad they acknowledged how Ethan and Kat should get together. I thought it was obvious from the first episode. Next week is their 19th episode so I think there is only 3 or 4 more to go.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
Actualy, the 19th episode was the last one...it didn't get the 22 episodes most shows get. It turns out, of course, that things didn't go quite as expected with Ethan and Kat. They also leave us wondering about Nicole and Yonk. I did enjoy the rather sweet ending between Richie and Lina. If the show does come back, they'll still have open storylines to continue and if this does wind up being a one-season wonder, it doesn't leave us with teeth-gritting cliffhangers that we'll forever wonder what happened. But I obviously do hope it gets to come back.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
If the show doesn't come back I won't be buying the DVD. If it gets a second season I'll reconsider. I really liked the show, and though I often come off as cynical, the romantic in me wants to see Kat and Ethan together (I was always a bigger Monica/Chandler fan than Ross/Rachel).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sort of a sucky way to end a series, but not a bad way if the show comes back. I guess we'll find out in May if the finale was sucky or not. :D

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Has anyone heard any rumblings of renewal or cancellation yet?

I think it could come back if CBS doesnt have anything good to replace it, but the ratings success of Rules of Engagement (not even 10% as good as this show) may have killed it.

TV really lacks for GOOD sitcoms these days.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I haven't heard a word, but I hope it comes back. It's a well written sitcom and TV needs more of those.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Next month is when most of the announcements will be made. I hope it comes back because I hate how the season ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks