What's new

The Class ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I guess this shows how much humor is in the eye of the beholder. I thought there were a lot of funny things in last night's show.

The accident prone reporter is funny to me. The Stop sign in the face and the bunny-ka-bob are just wacky enough to be funny. I also get a kick out of how the reporter acts like she can't understand anything the gay lover says because of his accent.

There are things like this (and Yonk not "getting" sarcasm) that make it funny to me.

I guess I am liking it because the humor seems different than most typical sitcoms.

But then again, if I like it, the show is doomed. :frowning:

Don S

Stunt Coordinator
I agree, for some reason I like this show and continue to find it pretty funny.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I am still watching the show, but I think it has too many characters for a half hour show (and this is from someone who owns all 10 seasons of Friends). I think the weakest of the stories is of the one with Alison Anders and David Keith and the other guy. Even though they are all good actors, I think it could go and not be missed.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Right now there are 3 distinct groups that have little or no connections to each other. I am hoping that as the show progresses, the groups will interact more. This should allow more plots.

The three current groups are:

1. The Football star, Contractor and Adulteress.

2. The Reporter and the Gay Couple.

3. The Sisters and the Plain Guy.

The only real crossover is the Manic Depressive Guy, otherwise the groups have not mixed at all since the party. I think this is limiting the potential.

I hope they expand out a little in the future.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Pretty good episode.

I can't wait to find out what the deal is with velch's wife. There is something not right with that couple. LOL

I like the dynamic between Kat and Ethan. Even though she is a witch with a "B", I like the way they interact.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ethan needs to stick with the mom, very hot (saw her on "What About Brian" last week as an exotic dancer).

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
This weeks episode was one of the best of the year. Quite a few laugh out loud moments. There goes my theory about Sara Gilbert being Dickies sister. The puppet show was hiliarious, how do you come up with 14 things that rhyme with Oprah??

Don S

Stunt Coordinator
I am really enjoying this show. Hopefully it sticks around. This is one of the only funny shows for me on TV now. Love it so far ..

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I thought tonight's was another great episode and I'm really getting to love the blonde newswoman (sorry, I still don't know everyone's names by heart). Her moments were great tonight.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Ugh. She needs to go. I'll probably stop watching the show mainly because of her. To each his/her own I suppose.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
When I watched the first episode I was not impressed at all but I decided to give it one more chance. Well, I liked the 2nd episode a little better and as each episode passed I found myself liking it more and more. Now I really like it and last night's episode really got me hooked. The Richie/Lina storyline is definitely my favorite. Seeing two nerdy/clutzes find love just totally warms my heart. And I like Holly (the newscaster), it's cute how she tries so hard to forward her career but keeps making stupid mistakes (like killing that poor little bunny - which despite my total love for animals made me laugh, I'm ashamed to say) and how she is totally clueless about her husband being gay never gets old to me. It's a joke that never stops being funny.

And to give you guys a little reference guide:

Ethan (guy who got dumped in Ep 1 and the reason they all got back together)
Kat (the nasty, cool, hot chick)
Lina (her twin sister and the one in a wheelchair)
Richie (the depressing red headed guy who ran over Lina with his car)
Nicole (the one married to the football player)
Yonk (the football player)
Duncan (her high school love who she had a one-night stand with)
Holly (the newscaster)
Perry (her very obvious gay husband)
Kyle (the guy she dated in high school who turned out to be gay)
Aaron (his lover)
Fern (Richie's bitch of a wife who we might not see again)

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I think lastnights episode had more laughable moments than any of the other individual episodes. :)

Don S

Stunt Coordinator

I liked it a lot, although I didn't think it was funnier than the rest. This show works for me because it is genuinely funny to me and still manages to make me care about the characters.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I guess I am a romantic, I want Ethan and Kat to hook up. I know several couples just like them and they all have been married a dozen years or more.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The problem is that Kat has no redeeming qualities except her looks. That is the kind of woman you hook up with from time to time but not who I would want to marry. Her negative attitude can be like a cancer. Drains the life out of everyone around her.

I am really liking this show now. I admit that I was a bit skeptical of the premise at first, but I am starting to like it (and the characters) a lot now. I hope it manages to stay around the entire season.

Thank god it was not on FOX. It would have been axed already.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What's good about Kat is that she motivates Ethan to get out of his comfort zone. Who says each relationship was to marriage-driven?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It's a tad predictable, but I watch the show regularly. However, I dislike Holly and her gay ex-boyfriend. The gay husband is funny, but not worth having to put up with the most annoying character on the show (Holly) and the most boring (Kyle).

Thanks for the recap of the characters Wendy, I would have had to go to IMDB for the character names. As a rule of thumb, the more character names I remember the better the show, and frankly, Richie, Lina and Yonk are the only ones I know off the top of my head. In contrast, I know the first and last names of almost all the characters in The Office.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Loved the line delivery of Yonk telling Richie that he had ruined the pole for him (as Yonk saw Richie swinging around on the pole).

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to the next episode. I can't wait to see how Kat and Ethan get along since Ethan slept with the "Fruitographer." I'd say Kat and Ethan are why I watch the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks