What's new

The Class ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I liken this show to 'How I Met Your Mother' in that it wasn't quite good enough to warrant a Season Pass, but if I happen to be in front of a TV when it's on, I'll watch it.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Watched again tonight. I like that they are giving the characters more depth, and fleshing out who will for right now have storylines with whom.

I just want to give Richie a hug so bad! And Lizzy Caplan (Kat) is so good in this. I like the juxtaposition of the sarcastic wit and real feelings (when she was mocking the party and genuinely freaking out over her sister being hurt). And Duncan and Nicole are really kind of cute, I have to admit.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode was decent, I got a few good laughs from it. Whenever I see James Burrows listed as the director for TV comedies, I know the lines are going to have some punch behind them, and I wasn't disappointed. I'll tune in again next week.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Wow, I really enjoyed last nights episode. The show is definitely improving each week.

Although Kat is a witch with a "B", she has some of the best lines.

This makes a great companion to How I met Your Mother.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I caught the repeat of the first episode on Saturday, and the next 2 episodes on the Innertube. And I have to say, I'm surprised that I enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting much from this show.

I laughed so hard when the STOP sign hit Holly.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't know...the first episode was okay, the second one actually got me wanting to watch the next one...but the third episode might have lost me. All the stuff with the news woman was pointless and repetitive (and not funny), and the dialogue seems to be falling into that 'Friends' trap where it's just a bunch of telegraphed one-liners that you can see coming a mile away.

I do find that red-headed dude funny, so I may give it one more episode to see where they go with him.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I have tried to like this show and agree that it has some genuine moments of interest/hilarity but I find it very uneven. I am trying not to thread-crap here, but I would be absolutely shocked if this survives the whole season.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
CBS has swapped the start times for The Class and Mother starting next week. Mother at 8:00 and Class at 8:30.

Jace_A

Second Unit
This show feels so... dated. And the humour is really, really forced. When are the networks going to stop making these tired looking comedies in front of studio audiences with laugh tracks. It's just all so pat and, well, blah. And white, which is surprising the age of the characters and where the series is set.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I don't want to sound like some Michael Medved-like moralist here, but are we really supposed to care about the two characters who committed adultery in the first episode? I mean, she cheated on her husband (who she remains with) and we are supposed to think of them as fun little comic characters?

Not something that I am writing letters, or protesting to sponsors about, but it is one of the problems I have with the show.

I wanted to love the show, but I like it less and less every week.

And that final twist seemed to hurt it once again.

Oh well.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Yeah, I'm really trying to like this show. I love How I Met Your Mother, ditto for New Adventures of Old Christine (hilarious). But The Class just doesn't do it for me. I wish they'd put Mother/Christine together from 8-9pm so I could either go to bed earlier, or not have to DVR Heroes. :)

Doug

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This episode was great.

I actually laughed out loud (rare for me) when the reporter killed the bunny. The scene of the guys in tokyo watching the video on the internet was just too funny.

I think the show is getting better. I hope it lasts.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wow...we certainly have completely different senses of humor, Scott (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). This episode might have been the last straw for me. It's officially fallen into that 'Friends' type of predictable humor where you see every joke coming a mile away. The bit with the news reporter just didn't do it for me in any way, in fact nothing she has ever said or done on this show has been even remotely funny (to me). I was thinking before this episode even aired that I think it would be a much better show if they got rid of the Jason Ritter character, the gay guy, and the news woman. They add nothing to the show. The Kat character seems like she might have potential, but I don't know where that would leave her. What was up with their storyline this week? They must have had absolutely nothing to write for them so they did the Superman bit. Painful.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with most here. Not great, not bad. I do laugh enough to keep watching although its not one of those shows I want to watch right away. I am content with it sitting in the DVR for a few days.

Also, I am not convinced the Sara Gilbert character is the depressed guy's wife/gf. They have not come out and said it for a fact which is a clue to me. They are apparently are poor so perhaps thats why they have to sleep on the same hideaway bed. Plus, it wouldnt make for very good comedy when the Kat's sister(I have seen all 4 episodes but she's the only name I can remember) finds out. Talk about how depressing and not funny that would be.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida

How can you not remember Yonk? :)

Which reminds me of one of the funnier parts of last night's episode, Richie and the sarcastic comments that Yonk never got. Too funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks