1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Class ongoing thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Chris_Morris, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

Tivo showed the first episode of "The Class" last night via Discovery, and commercial free. This show seems to be one of the breakout shows of the season. I was glad to see Jason Ritter get a role to prove he did inherit his father's comedic genious. Will it hold up for an entire season, I don't know, but I can't wait to see more.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

"The Class" - I wouldn't mind it sticking around, but I am not sure it's going to find its footing amongst the viewers. The only reason I'd watch it is for Andrea Anders and Lizzie Kaplan. The premise of the show is that one classmate from the 3rd grade gathers as many 3rd grade classmates for his girlfriend (but it's been 20 years since 3rd grade for all of them), and when all these classmates gather and re-connect, some romantic sparks fly and the lure of a second chance proves to be irresistible for some of them.

3. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Screenwriter

I'll watch it because until I got to college, the best time I ever had in school was the third grade. I often wonder whatever happened to my friends (I moved away after 5th grade.

4. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

Seems odd to use 3rd grade - we weren't thinking of ourselves as a class then like we did in high school.

How do you even find people you knew when they were 8 or 9? Many of the women will have changed their names.

5. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

I saw this a few months ago, and the laugh track was really annoying, especially since there was only one or two good jokes in the whole thing. If they toned that down, and uh, write better jokes, it might work, since the cast is interesting.

6. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

I'm looking forward to this show - it looks like it'll be pretty funny, so I'm glad to hear some good stuff about it. I like Lizzy Caplan a lot, she was good in Mean Girls. I also think that it looks like it would pair well with How I Met Your Mother. I'll be checking it out next Monday.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

FYI: Series premiere on CBS tonight 8 p.m. EST.

8. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

9. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

I only watched about 1/2 of the episode last night and I wasn't that impressed. I'll give it another chance tonight. Maybe it was my mood last night.

10. Scott-S

Scott-S Test Subject
    Supporter

Scott
    It wasnt that bad. But then again, I am turning out to be a jinx for shows. If I like them, they get cancelled. So, since I just said it wasn't bad, maybe this show will not catch the "if Scott likes it, it will get cancelled" bug.

11. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

I really enjoyed it! I think the characters are all different enough that their interactions will stay interesting, and I like that they weren't all instantly best friends - there's a lot of places to go in terms of how they all become friends, and who has scenes with whom.

Lizzy Caplan was awesome. I loved the "I have totally forgotten your name" line. And the red headed depressed guy might have moved into the slot of my favorite character because I love that kind of dry and deadpan humor. (Also, did he hit her with a car? Totally not expecting that!)

12. Scott-S

Scott-S Test Subject
    Supporter

Scott
    Abby, Yes, he ran her over. LOL

Guess he is the new Schleprock. Bad luck following him everywhere he goes.

13. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Screenwriter

The critics that panned The Class also panned How I Met Your Mother. I think both shows are good and a great way to start the week.

14. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

I thought it was pretty good too. Lizzy's great, I liked her in Related on WB last season. And the guy hitting the girl with his car was priceless and made the show worth the watch. I'll keep following it for the time being.

BTW, it can be watched free on cbs.com on innertube if interested.

15. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    It was ok. I'll probably give it another episode or two before I commit it to a series recording.
    There were some things that just didn't sit right. Not really sure what those things were either.
    I think my biggest problem was that it took half of the episode to figure out who that girl was (the one from Mean Girls).

16. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

I had low expectations for this show and I was totally surprised that I enjoyed it thoroughly. Hope it holds up as it makes a great lead for the Monday comedy block.

17. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

I know - I think it goes really well with How I Met Your Mother.

The car thing? Priceless. Richie the Depressed Guy is awesome [​IMG] It just came out of nowhere and was so funny. I like that it seems to be going for the unpredictable there (and with other things - like how they are not all still friends, that some people weren't really into the "reconnecting" thing, etc.)

18. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

Richie hitting her with the car was what sealed it for me. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

19. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

That was totally awesome. I actually still had the ep on the DVR, and I watched that part again, and it was still funny. [​IMG] Hi-larious.

I wonder if that incident will play in next week? (Maybe that is how they all keep reconnecting?)

20. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    Damn, I missed it. How many episodes have there been? Are they legally available anywhere?