What's new

"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I haven't read the books. But, from the trailer. It looks like a lot more "Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve" now live in Narnia. ;)

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
The battle scenes look crazy. Especially when there's that kind of moment of silence when they let the catapults go. It's a great trailer, now my expectations for the film are v. high.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
with apted doing dawn treader, and silver chair next , i was wondering if the wer going to go ahead and find the directot, heard the rumor about them grouping the three together as a center trilogy, comming out a year or so apart. i really like the idea of that somewhat, as long as it serves the story.

Its only a matter of time befor hollywood and the rest of te industry goes back to the books, i have high hopes for this and the idea kicking around WB of doing the Oz series as written

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
I love how Reepicheep is in the bottom corner of the poster...he's one of my favorite characters so I can't wait to see how he turns out in the film.

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully we have nothing to worry about...I love these books and would love to see them all turned into movies. This behind-the-scenes video also calmed any nerves, because I still think it looks pretty amazing. The video focuses on the special effects and battle scenes...here it is if you'd like a look for yourself:

YouTube - Prince Caspian: Journey Back into Narnia

Arild

Supporting Actor
Damn! Where the hell did that come from? The first movie was a success, and they're wimping out before the second one has even been released?!?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What's strange is that this comes out of nowhere. Nothing, as far as I know, has changed between LTWATW and now to make them think that Prince Caspian will somehow be less successful. The failure of other family-oriented fantasy films is irrelevant because none have the cultural penetration that Narnia has. Like Lord of the Rings, Narnia is different because most of the parents of the current children remember reading the books as a kid too.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'd love a SIlver Chair as well.

That position makes little sense, unless it's Disney trying to hard sell/scare the faithful into seeing it a few times extra. I think Narnia will be fine.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Prince Caspian may be way over budget. that's the only thing that makes sense, Golden Compass territory of over budget. And Disney may be thinking that the stories after Dawn Treader get progressively less commercial, and if costs per movie are skyrocketing (Dawn Treader will probably be very expensive) it might not make fiscal sense to continue with the series when there's not a continuing thread in the cast of original children after Dawn Treader. Silver Chair could probably get greenlit if they changed the cast to be Edmund and Lucy rather than Eustace and what's her name as in the books.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I think its a very big mistake releasing this title in may.. there is alot of competion this may with iron man and indiana jones 4.. I think disney should push it back to christmas.. now that star trek is out of the way.

Jacob

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if whatever profit sharing agreement that Disney and Waldenmedia have makes the franchise less appealing to them.

But, yeah, it seems like a real bizarre move to make before Caspian even hits, unless Disney isn't real happy with Prince Caspian's quality.

Arild

Supporting Actor
I'll be seriously pissed if they stop after Dawn Treader or even The Silver Chair. The three books beyond that have never been adapted to the screen in any format, and are therefore the ones I was looking forward to the most.

Guess the Disney suits decided to actually read the rest of the books.

"A journey on a boat? Underground creatures? Flying on a winged horse, what the hell? This was supposed to be our LOTR, dammit, so where the hell are all the cool epic battle scenes?"

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
just a heads up.. that fandango is taking advance tickets for caspian. some theatres will be playing it in digital.

Jacob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks