What's new

The Chernobyl Diaries - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just avoid this film, it's loaded with fairly annoyingly dumb characters who are in Russia, go on a guided tour near Chernobyl (why?), even if the female characters are easy on the eyes. If shaki-cam gets you nauseous, then avoid this film too.
I give it 1 star, or a grade of D.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I'd rate it :star::half: out of four but yes, it's really bad.
In order for horror to be a genre you need characters to do stupid things but this film just went way beyond that. Victim 1 gets slaughtered so what do the rest do? They follow the blood to see if they're really dead. They get to the spot and Victim 2 gets slaughtered. What do the rest do? Follow the blood to where a third gets slaughtered but are they really dead? Hey, let's follow for a third time and see what happens!
Plus, were we supposed to care for these characters? They were all very annoying. There's not a single scare to be had and when we finally see the "killers" they're just really boring, bland and the ending doesn't work either.
A co-worker and I went to see this on Friday and we both hated it. Everyone in the theater seemed to be bored as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks