What's new

The Carol Burnett Show (1 Viewer)

SnowBrian

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian McMann
Mark Y said:
I got the Guthy-Renker set a few months ago -- there was an option to get the whole collection in one shot and get a few bucks off so that's what I did.
It consists of Volumes 1-21 (missing the final ten original volumes) plus "Show Stoppers." I was bummed that the rest are apparently unavailable.
Vol. 1-9 have the black cover design with just Carol Burnett's face. The rest have the white cover with the composite cast photo in front of the drawing of Carol.
I had picked up a couple of the Columbia House versions at a flea market once, and the content for those volumes appeared to be identical.
Thanks for the information Mark. I recently placed an order for this collection with Guthy-Renker. They had an option to get the "Fast 9", wherein they send you the first 9 volumes at once and then it goes on the 2 every other month plan. I didn't see an option to buy all of them, or were you referring to the Fast 9?
Also, regarding the artwork...do volumes 10-21, besides having the original Columbia House artwork, also come in the original CH slim cases as opposed to standard DVD cases?

Mark Y

Screenwriter
SnowBrian said:
Thanks for the information Mark. I recently placed an order for this collection with Guthy-Renker. They had an option to get the "Fast 9", wherein they send you the first 9 volumes at once and then it goes on the 2 every other month plan. I didn't see an option to buy all of them, or were you referring to the Fast 9?
Also, regarding the artwork...do volumes 10-21, besides having the original Columbia House artwork, also come in the original CH slim cases as opposed to standard DVD cases?
They didn't mention "fast 9" to me -- I wonder if they don't have different deals at different times. There are 21 volumes and they are all in standard DVD cases. They all have Guthy Renker's name on them, even "Show Stoppers."
I also recently saw an infomercial for the Dean Martin roasts with references to how they're going "back into the vault" and may never be released again, so act now. I took it as typical hyperbole and high-pressure sales pitch. (I got those on VHS years ago and haven't convinced myself to upgrade to DVD.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks