What's new

The Brady Bunch Season Sets?? (3 Viewers)

Mark Lx

Second Unit
I would definitely get the Brady Bunch, especially if it was priced like Gilligan. Although I might repeated watching tiresome now, it was my favorite show for a period of a couple years. I used to be able to tell what episode we were watching within seconds (or less) of it starting. Now that's sad.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
What's even sadder is that my wife and I have a contest to see who can identify the episode first. :b :b :)

Richie C.

Stunt Coordinator
When I was a kid watching BB in prime time, one of the most exciting things for me was seeing how everyone had changed in the opening credits when each new season began. I loved the musical episodes, I loved the corny ones (Myrna the drama coach), I loved the ridiculous ones (Greg creating "flying saucers" with a flashlight and a whistle...or the goat mascot), I loved the really funny ones ("Ow, my nose!" or Cindy on the quiz show), I loved the mysteries (Grand Canyon & Hawaii), and as an adult, I really love the sweet first season episodes (when Bobby thinks Carol is the wicked stepmother, when Marcia writes the letter to elect Mike as Father of the Year, when Bobby puts his real mother's photo away in a drawer in episode one, when Alice feels she's unnecessary & leaves...).

This is my all-time #1 favorite show and it means a lot to an entire 70's generation who grew up with this family. We need it on DVD!!

Joe.S

Agent
I heard S1 will be released in 2005 but that info came from word-of-mouth so don't quote me on it.

Mark Lx

Second Unit
Probably a safe bet.

And as a part of a commentary, they can have Maureen whatsername saying don't call me F***ing Marsha.

Seriously, I'd love to see a wholesome show with profanity filled commentary. That would be marketing genius.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

How do all these people know Robbie and how is he doing?
Picture?

I have interest in buying the show. I was watching the reunion special the other day and even though it was horrible, I was cracking up at the scenes from the show. Maybe its a nostalia thing. I would much rather watch The Brady Bunch on DVD than I would Gilligan even though I used to watch both when I was a kid.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I hope we start getting season sets starting in early 2005. I want to watch this with my young kids before they get too old/mature and realize that the show was way cornball by todays standards.

The show may have been cornball but it was good, clean fun with a nice life lesson thrown in every week. One of my all time favorites growing up :b (My wife just rolls her eyes at me when I tell her this)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I grew up with this show too, watching it at primetime when I was 7 through 11. Good, wholesome stuff we just can't get anymore. Now it's unfortunate that it's mostly watched for goofing on. I do admit, however, that the Brady Bunch movies spoofed it pretty good.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I just watched "Still Brady After All These Years."

If they ever release this show on DVD, which I hope they do, I hope they have a commentary track for each episode. A commentary track featuring all six kids, an isolated track featuring each one individually, and another isolated track, featuring them in pairs.

Not to mention a commentary track by Sherwood Schwartz... I am asking for too much?

RyanAn

Screenwriter

Just maybe :)

I would be more than happy with Sherwood and the kids/Carol/Alice having group commentaries. Sherwood is slightly boring by himself, just watch Giligan.

Rayn

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

This would be overkill...it is hard enough now days to make 1 Commentary track interesting...let alone 3 for each episode.

I mean I love the Simpsons commentaries, but one per episode is enough.

Yes, Greg is correct, with his link which has now been posted to this section twice...but this will hit in 2005...and assuming that the price is right, I'd buy it.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
So we're looking for a season set every four month or so? Sweet. I remember TV Land had a Brady Bunch marathon and I watched that with great pleasure.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

Haha... Actually, my plan is to have the production companies who own all my favorite tv shows to splurge their bank accounts on adding special features to the tv shows I love. :) Now, that's overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks